Chapter 22

"In about 2 weeks there is something that we go to every couple of years. It's called a mafia ball to us and to the outside world it's just a party where a bunch of rich people go to.. It gives chances for mafia's to form alliances and stuff like that. And since you're back you're going to have to come with us this year."

"Oh, okay. Do I need to prepare anything or does somebody control that? Do I have to find a dress? Will it even be safe? Who is going exactly? Do-"

"You're going to be fine. You don't have to do anything specifically, nonna and our zia's have that under control. The girls will take you out someday to go shopping for this stuff since they know what to expect. Also at the ball you will be with the girls the whole time and all the boys that are younger than 22 will also be with you guys. Okay you'll be fine. Don't stress yourself on something you don't need to worry about."

By the time we were done talking they all came out of the lake and wore their clothes. We started making our way back to the car so we could head home. I'm tired and I have school tomorrow.

After making it to the car around 7 we packed everything in the back and started making our way back home. I slept the whole ride back feeling exhausted and just tired in general.

I felt someone about to pick me up when I opened my eyes to see who it was. It was Vince, he was going to take me to my room so that while the rest go up with Luciano to "handle business". At least that's what they said.

After thanking them for taking me out today I told them goodnight and made my way to find my dad and other brothers to tell them goodnight as well.

I found dad in the living room sitting with his computer out.

"Hey neonata, how was your little trip with the boys? Did you have fun?"

"Hey dad, I enjoyed it, it was something new for me but I had fun. How about you? How was it here?"

"It was how it always was. Quiet because everyone is either in their room or out."

"Well I came to tell you goodnight. I'm exhausted so I'm gonna go take a shower and go to sleep."

"What about dinner? I know you ate lunch, did you have dinner?"

"No, I'm not that hungry anyways." After he gave me a look I decided to add, "I'll promise to have a hefty breakfast in the morning."

"Alright, buona notte neonata."

"Goodnight dad." After saying goodnight I went to go find the rest of my brothers. I found Enzo and Gio in the game room playing video games.

I told them about my day and I asked about theirs. They went out with some of their friends then came back home and since then they have been here. They also told me Alessio and Alessandro were still out.

After that I went to my room to shower and go to bed.

...

I finally made it to school after eating what seemed like a whole buffet for breakfast. I told my dad goodbye and started to make my way to the classroom considering that class is about to start in a couple of minutes.

Once I got in I spotted Isla waving at me to hurry. When I made it to my desk she greeted me and I did the same, while also greeting Ava and Mia. When I was done saying hello Isla started talking about her weekend and I don't mind.

We all let her talk as much as she wants while we just sit there and listen. When the bell rings she says she'll finish her story later.

Lunch came around and since it was raining we had to eat inside. I was telling them about how I spent some time with my family over the weekend when I once again felt like someone was watching me.

I turn around and sure enough André is looking, or should I say staring, at me. I ignored it and paid attention to the girls. We were all sharing what we did over the weekend, as well as some projects that we have to do for class.

After a while I had to go to the bathroom so I decided to go before class started again. When I got out of the bathroom I was met with the same face that stares at me during lunch.

André's POV

I knew who she was the second I heard her last name. Who doesn't know who she is. We've all been waiting to see what she looks like and all of a sudden she's back. Out of nowhere.

When I saw her I was determined to make her mine. She was so beautiful.

When she came out of the bathroom she was shocked to see me. When she tried to leave I blocked her way. I don't know what I'm doing. I just don't want her to go.

"Can I help you?" She asked cautiously yet politely. She's being polite, how cute.

I continued to stare at her admiring her beauty in her looks, voice, personality, etc. Her voice broke me out of my trance.

"Um...Hello, I need to get to class. So if you could move that would be great." She said, I decided to move out of her way. She left immediately after I moved. I watched her scurry off to class.

Man, I'm down bad.

I didn't want to go back to class so I made my way up to the rooftop for a quick smoke. Before I made my way up there I went to see if my younger sister and brother went to class. Luckily they are in the same classroom so checking wouldn't be that hard.

When I made sure they were in class I went to proceed on my original plan. All while thinking of that beauty.