Chapter 14

I got through the rest of the day without any problems. I wouldn't say that Isla, Ava, and Mia are my friends yet but they are definitely somebody I can sit with.

I could feel the person behind me stare at me the whole time I was in class. I was getting uncomfortable but I never allowed him to notice.

Vincenzo texted me and said that he will be a little late because they were all caught up with work. I made my way to the library afterschool so I could wait there for him.

I got in and started looking through the books, I found a book I wanted to read and instead of sitting at a table I sat on the floor in a corner of the library. 30 minutes later Vincenzo texts me that he's here.

Before leaving I went to the front desk and checked out the book so I could finish it at home. Afterwards I made my way outside and saw Vincenzo leaning against an orange and black McLaren.

"Hey, sorry I was late principessa." He told me as he saw me coming up to him.

"It's fine, it gave me time to look around the library. I also got a book to finish reading."

"Well that's good, come on let's go home." He said as he was opening the passenger door for me. I thanked him and got it. "Don't forget your seatbelt." I put my seatbelt on and he started driving home.

"So how was school?" He asked me.

"It was fine. I met some people, I don't know if I could call them friends yet."

We continued talking about our day after a while I got tired and started closing my eyes. I don't know at what point I fell asleep but I did because I woke up in my room and when I looked at the time it was 7:46pm.

I got up and changed into sweatpants and a loose fitted t-shirt. I grabbed my phone and made my way downstairs. The first person that saw me was Giovanni.

"Look who's finally up." He said with a smile and everyone looked up at me with similar smiles.

"Why don't you go and eat something. Julia has a plate ready for you." Alfonso said

I made my way to the kitchen and once Julia saw me she started warming up the plate of food, which consisted of chicken, rice, asparagus and salad on the side.

I perched my phone on a water bottle and had Netflix playing while I was eating. I finished an episode by the time I was done with my food. I picked up my dishes and washed them.

I made my way to the living room to join them. There was one spot left and that was in between Lorenzo and Alessandro so I took a seat there. They were trying to decide on a movie to watch.

"What do you think we should watch, Valentina?" I looked up from the book that I got from school when I heard my name.

"I don't care what we watch. You guys can choose." I said

"No they can't, they are going to keep bickering until they won't be able to watch anything." Luciano said from the single seat sofa he was sitting in.

"How about you guys give me different genres you want to watch instead?" I said, trying to compromise so that they can watch something they want.

"Fine, I want to watch a comedy movie." Lorenzo said from beside me.

"How about an action film?" Alessio said and Giovanni agreed with him.

"Or we could watch a horror film." Alessandro said and immediately Alfonso and Luciano said no.

"I'll go with action." I heard Lorenzo groan when I said that. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. They wanted me to choose so I chose.

"Fine." He said in defeat. In the end they decided on a Marvel movie because, and I quote, "Who can hate Marvel?".