Chapter 21

So far on this road trip Luca and Marcello are the ones that have been talking to me the most. Vince would chime in every now and then but I think he is giving them the chance to know me more.

Meanwhile Leo is talking with Luciano in Italian about work. I would listen every now and then because I can't seem to be minding my own business.

"Quindi, pensi che le insegnerai a maneggiare una pistola? O imparare a difendersi? Perché avrà bisogno di sapere come fare tutto questo in questa vita."Leo asked Luciano after they were done talking about all the important business stuff.
(So, do you think you are going to teach her how to handle a gun? Or learn how to defend herself? Because she is going to need to know how to do all of that in this life.)

"Vorrei, ma non so nemmeno come iniziare quella conversazione con lei. Le sono successe così tante cose nell'ultima settimana e non voglio aggiungere altro costringendola a imparare tutto su come difendersi." Luciano replied.
(I want to, but I don't know how to even begin that conversation with her. So much has happened to her in the past week and I don't want to add to it all by forcing her to learn all about how to defend herself.)

"Puoi provare a sollevare l'idea oggi quando puoi parlarle o ogni volta che pensi che potrebbe sentirsi a suo agio. Fallo prima del Mafia Ball che è come tra 2 settimane." Leo said.
(You can try to bring up the idea today when you can talk to her or whenever you think she might be comfortable. Just do it before the Mafia Ball that is like in 2 weeks.)

Mafia Ball? What's that? What would you even do at something like this? Well I can't ask them anything about that because then they would know I speak Italian and I don't want them to know just yet.

Deciding to ignore them for now, I turned my attention back to Luca and Marcello wanting to know more about them.

"So, what do you guys do when you aren't working? Because from what I'm understanding so far is that all you guys do is work. Do you guys have hobbies or anything you enjoy doing other than work?" I asked them. Because all they have talked about is how much they work. They never went into detail about what they did, keeping it light.

"When I was a kid I learned how to play the piano and I continued learning it. Now I play when I am stressed or don't know what to do. It helps me take a second and think about my next steps." Luca said.

"That's nice, I would like to see you play sometime." I said, then turned towards Marcello to give him the chance to answer next. He looked at me and at first he hesitated to answer my question.

"I like going to the gym, I guess. Since I'm the oldest of my siblings I never really found time to get a hobby, also I spent most of my time with these guys. " I guess going to the gym could be a hobby.

Maybe when Luciano is going to talk to me about self defense and all that I can practise with them. They seem to know the most about this kind of stuff.

"So are you going to tell us a hobby of yours?" Luca asked, waiting for me to answer.

"I like to draw and paint. I also like to read. I just do these when I'm bored, stressed, or anything really." I said since that's what I like to do. "I even draw during passing period at school or when I'm waiting for someone to pick me up I go to the library to read."

We continued with the small conversation for a while then I decided to put my airpods in and take a nap.

Vince woke me up when we arrived. When I got out of the car the most beautiful view was in front of me.

"What do you think?" Luciano asked as he came standing beside me.

"It's a very beautiful view." I said as I turned to him. When I turned I saw everybody strapping on their bags and getting ready to move out.