Chapter 12 - Brothers

CW: ((⚠️slight cursing, slight Emetophobia warning ⚠️))

5 days until the party

"Hey CC, you alright?" You asked the boy.

You were at Michaels house after school to help him with a project. You had just walked in the door and noticed the boy sitting on the living room floor staring into space.

Instead of responding, he just nodded without even looking at you.

"Maybe he's just zoning out..."

"Alright then. I'm going to work on a project with Mikey now, see you later"

You started up the stairs and made your way into Michaels room. You both worked on his project for a while, but the image of CC staring into space while sitting on the floor kept popping into your head.

"Mikey...?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you notice anything off with your brother today?"

Michael thought for a few moments

"Actually yeah, he was pretty quiet all day. Why do you ask?"

"He was sitting on the floor just staring at nothing when I came in"

"Oh... maybe he was just thinking about something?"

"Yeah maybe..."

You guys continued on the project. When you were leaving, the boy was still in the same place doing nothing. Before you left you walked over to him and crouched down to his level, and placed a hand on his head.

"Hey, I'm leaving now I'll see you later."

"Okay" he whispered, looking up at you

You gently ruffled his soft hair and left.

-
That night you were laying down in bed to go to sleep when suddenly

"Agh what the hell? What was that?"

A sharp pain shot through your head. It didn't last long and it didn't hurt too bad. It was over in a second.

"Hm... weird".

4 days until the party

CC was waking down the hall way to his room when he heard footsteps quickly approaching him from behind. Before he even got a chance to turn around, he was already being picked up.

"Michael!" The boy yelled, surprised.

Michael was running to his room with CC in his arms. He tossed CC down on his bed (not aggressively) and climbed on top of him.

"Michael get off"

He tried to push Michael but Michael put more of his weight on CC and leaned forward, attempting to somewhat irritate him so that way they could rough around, like boys do. CC pushed back again, this time harder. Michael didn't budge.

"Yes! It's working"

CC was now attempting to kick his legs and continuously push Michael off the bed. Michael grabbed his hands and pushed back. The boys were now rolling all over, trying to kick each other, smushing the others face with their and, and trying to push the other off the bed.

This quickly got very competitive as most play fights go with brothers, and CC being smaller was able to slip out of Michaels grip and push him off the bed.

"You're going to pay for that" Michael laughed out

CC laughed a little and hopped off the bed and went to his room.