Chapter 18 - Who Do I Call?

CW:((Blood!!, needles, cursing, nausea, disturbing scenes))

A/N- I made a tik tok account, I might post stuff abt this story on there so if u want go follow lmfao (@snoozinzz)

--------------------------------------------------------

"So what exactly did you do to get yourselves kicked out of an arcade?" your dad asks while driving you and Michael home. "Well... we were having too much fun I guess" you say. You hold back a laugh and so does Michael. "How was your dinner dad?"

"Oh it was fun!, Your father is a nice man Mike"

"Yeah..." he says quietly. You look over at Michael, he's lost in thought looking out the car window. "He never really says much about his family, he's only mentioned his mom that one time when we were little but I guess there isn't much to say, he probably dosen't remember her that much, and whenever his father is brought up like now, or if I say something, he gives one worded answers and/or changes the subject..."

Michael looks over at you and you furrow your eyebrows, this makes him start to panic. "SHIT- is she onto me? did she figure it out? did my excuses for the bruises not work? does she know what he does to me?" Michael never, ever wanted you to find out what has been happening to him, he knew you would worry too much and it's not like you would be able to do anything about it anyway, you guys are still only 14.

Your dad drops off Michael and you give him a hug goodbye as always.

December 3rd, 1984

8:35 P.M.

Over the next two weeks, you notice Michael and Jermey becoming really close. You became close with him as well, and so now the three of you are in Michaels house, in his bathroom. "So which one of you is going to do it" Michael asks you and Jermey. "Jermey will!"

"Yeah, I'll do it!" Jermey takes the needle from Michaels hand and raises it up. "WAITWAITWAIT" you quickly stop Jermey "You can't just stab it yet god damn"

"...Why not"

"You have to prep it first- wait here, I'll get the stuff we need, and DO NOT do it yet" you run out of the bathroom and run to Michaels kitchen. You grab ice cubes, a lighter, and an orange and run back. "What the hell is all this?" Michael asks. "You're both idiots, you know that? You have to put ice on it to numb it, the flame is for the needle-"

"-THE NEEDLE GOES ON FIRE?!?!" Jermey yells

"No Jermey the needle does not go on fire, you hold it over the flame to get rid of any bacteria and the orange you hold behind it to make it easier or something for when you put the needle through- I'm pretty sure" You hand Michael an ice cube. "Here put this on your earlobe and hold it there until I tell you to take it off- oh and we need a marker so you can mark where you want it I'll go get it- Jermey hold the needle over the flame for a few seconds and don't burn yourself" You run out and come back with a marker. "Okay, take it off and make a dot where you want it" Michael does as you say and you hand Jermey the orange, he holds it behind Michaels ear.

"Ready Mike?"

"Yup"

"So I just push it through on the dot?" Jermey asks you "Yeah, do it nice and quick, but not rough"

"Jermey hurry up we gotta get this over with before my dad comes back" Your dad and Michaels dad gone out, yet again. You thought it was a little weird how much they were hanging out, but decided to keep it to yourself, you told yourself you were overreacting and to just let it go.

"I know I know, okay ready?"

"Ready" You notice Michael close his eyes and tense up. Jermey pushes the needle through which causes Michael to inhale sharply at the pain. Jermey takes it back out. "Done" he says proudly. You notice the dot of blood start to grow so you grab a tissue and wipe it softly, not wanting to irritate the new wound. You repeat the process again for the next ear and you get hydrogen peroxide to clean the two small holes. "It might sting a little, okay?"