Chapter 40 - The Truth Is Revealed (part 1)

CW: heavy topics, mentions of death, blood, slight emetophobia warning, scary themes?
A/N - Ring the lore bells everybody!!🔔🔔  the chapters a bit short, I wanted to write a whole lot more but I got a little busy this week and this is NOT something I want to rush bc... you'll see😏 so I'm just going to split it into two chapters, the next chapter I plan on being reallly long (: enjoyyy!!
—————————————————————————

Suddenly, you're back. Back in an all too familiar place. You're standing in front of the first floor bathroom in Michaels house, the one in the dark, cold hallway. You look down and are met with tiny hands- your tiny hands. "What the hell..?"

Out of nowhere the only lighting in the house goes completely black. Instinctively you turn around to call out for Michael, but nothing comes out. You try again and again but it each time your throat seems to get tighter and tighter.

You stop trying though, when Williams voice rings in the air. One of the things William has asked you, that you've never forgotten.

"Do you know what that door is?"

The door at the end of the hallway makes itself the only thing visible in this now utterly black abyss you're in.

"The basement."

The words leave your mouth involuntary, like your mouth and voice are talking for you- against your will.

And as those words leave your mouth you realize that this isn't just some nightmare born from trauma, it's also a memory. Something real, something you've experienced.

You start to panic as the door itself begins to grow bigger and bigger, towering over your small self. Your small breaths become rapid and uneven and your heartbeat pounds in your ears as your five year old self helplessly stands in place, unable to move.

Your words echo from all directions, it's like the sounds are swirling all around you.

th e

baseme

nt

the

base

ment

t

h e

ba

sem

en
t

the

base
ment

the basement

THE BASEMENT

The echoing finally stops, but is quickly replaced with the clicking of dress shoes from behind you. You go to whip your head around, to sprint away, but you're frozen. You scream at your limbs in your head to do something- anything as the steps grow louder and closer.

Your mind abruptly stops it's screaming when the clicking sounds disappear and the air becomes still. Too still. You stand, listening for them or any other noise, it's not like you can do much else than that anyway.