Chapter 33 - Under the Stars

A/N - Screaming and crying.
————————————————————

Michaels been living with you and Henry for a couple weeks now. To everyone's surprise, William hasn't come looking for him, nor has William asked or told Henry anything. Henry continues to pretend he knows nothing, and acts like everything is normal.
He actually fully redid and set up Sammy's old room- he got a full bed, got sheets and a comforter, took all of Sammy's old toys and such out and into the attic, and put in a dresser so Michael had room for his stuff. Not that he minded if he slept in your room; he just figured he'd give Michael a place for himself.

As for Michael, he's the happiest he's ever been; no more yelling, no more abuse, no more fear, no more feeling constantly angry in his house. You can tell that he feels so much better just by the look in his eyes,
and the bruises from what you had always assumed was from either fighting or his own clumsiness have been beginning to fade.

It's a chilly November night and the whole group decides to meet up at a secluded spot on a little hill deep into the town to look at the stars, being that the sky is so clear.

You wait for Michael to pick you up in silence. Something about this night just feels so right. There's this bubbly feeling in your chest you never want to leave, though you can't exactly pinpoint why you feel this way. Everything feels light in your head, like there's that indescribable something in the air.

When you hear his car outside you push all the questions away, allowing yourself to simply enjoy this feeling without constantly questioning why.

Unbeknownst to you, Michael feels the same.

Everyone lays spread out from each other on the grass gazing up at the night sky in a comfortable silence. Breaking that silence, "I'm surprised people don't really know about this place, it's awesome" Jake says looking around at the empty hill you're all on. "Yeah, it's nice" Astra responds.

Lost in the sparkling stars above, you lay there with an absent smile on your face. The November breeze makes the grass and distant trees rustle. It's cold, but none of you really mind.

Michael, who is laying next to you, turns his head slightly wanting to look at you. You don't even notice him do so despite him being in your prefrial view. "What're you thinking about?" He asks softly, leaning in closer to you that way only you can hear. After taking a moment to try to think of what exactly you were thinking about, you shrug. "Nothing in particular" you whisper back not looking away from the night sky.

Astra stays quiet, but it doesn't go unnoticed by her. She can see Michael glancing over at you and subtly inching closer to you.

A sudden gust of wind causes you to shiver. "Hey" you say turning to Michael. "Can I have your keys for a sec? I'm gonna go grab my jacket from your car"

Michael digs in his jeans pocket and pulls out his keys, placing it in your hands. "You mean my jacket" he says referring to his denim jacket you still have.

You playfully roll your eyes. "Yes. Your jacket"

Taking the keys, you get up and start walking towards the car. Astra takes this opportunity to talk to Michael.
"Hey" she says plopping down next to him. "Hey?" He says, confused as to what she's up to. He sits up, leaning back on his elbows."You know," she whispers "It wouldn't be a bad idea if you want to kiss her" Michael looks at her with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth. "What did she just say?!?!"

"You better get going to your car lover boy, while you have the chance to be alone with her"

"Uh- w-what. What." He stammers out, his cheeks turning a deep red which isn't too noticeable in the darkness. "Go on. I said it wouldn't be a bad idea"