smile

Peter have so many scars. Both mentally and physically.

He hides his physical scars with long sleeves and foundation but the scars he can't hide are those which are driving him insane, mentally.

But still he gets-up everyday, smiling to his Aunt, Mentor, Friends, the city he lives in, and his boyfriend.

He smiles, to make his Aunt stop worrying about him, he smiles to make his friends and boyfriend happy, he smiles to make his Mentor feel like he's okay, he smiles to make New York feel safe, he smiles.

Everyone knows Peter as the boy who never stops smiling. The boy who has never been rude to anyone and helps as much as he can but what they don't know is why he smiles so much?

He smiles to hide his pain, his depression.

The pain he feels while fighting crime, to make the city a safer place. The depression he's going through because he doesn't talks to anyone about his problems.

The disappointment he feels whenever a girl is raped, because  he wasn't fast enough. The shame he goes through whenever J.j tells everyone about it.

The rage he feels whenever a kid is being abused.

Only he knows how gross and disgust he feels whenever all of this happens just because he was late by a second.

All these things are eating him alive. But still he wakes up everyday and smiles to everyone.
Ready to face all this so no one else will have to.