Late

Note : takes place after Iron man 2, peter is 9 and lives with aunt may and Ben. Tony saved him from the bot and somehow fell in love with the innocent child and visits him regularly. And Tony lives in The stark tower.

Peter was beyond excited for his birthday party this year, his life long idol promised to come to his birthday, but here he was sadly sitting on his bed with Ben. The party was over.

Peter assumed that Tony is not going to come, May and Ben re-assured him that its probably something important.

After the incidents of Stark expo, Tony visited him oftenly and got pretty attached to the kid. He even babysits Peter for May and  Ben. Peter also enjoys his company, he sees Tony as a Father figure after Ben but is too shy to accept that infront of everyone.

Suddenly there was a light knock on the front door and Ben went to answer it. Peter silently followed him till his rooms door.
Ben opened the door and it revealed the Tony stark himself.

A small smile appeared on the childs face but soon faded away. "Your late, the party's over" said Peter sadly on the verge of breaking into tears. He had already made plans on what he will be doing with Tony on his birthday but it all got ruined.

Tony smiled sadly "maybe..i should go home then" he joked making Peter immediately run to him and hug him. "I'm sorry, please don't go!" Peter said cryimg slightly, Tony's smile got changed into a frown, he bent downwards to match his height. "hey hey hey buddy, stop crying i was just joking! I'm not going anywhere!" Tony said soflty, wiping away tears from Peter's face.

"pinky promise?" Peter said raising his little pinky finger. Tony stared it for a moment and chuckled before interwining his pinky finger in his small one. "pinky promise." He said.

"okay now stop crying and look  what i got you here.." Tony said and took out a large gift box from behind himself.

Peter's big doe eyes widen and he smiled looking at Tony. "that's for me?" he pointed at the gift excitedly jumping on his feets. It melted Tony's hearts seeing his kid super excited. "of course it is, kiddo" he smiled and gave the box to kid.

Peter took the box and gently put it on the table, opening the gift wraping so carefully like its the most delicate thing in the whole universe.

Finally after 5 minutes, Peter opened the box to see a whole bunch of star wars set and some books on Science and Maths. He squealed like a little girl and hugged Tony. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, MR.STARK!! I LOVE THIS!!!" Tony hugged him back and smiled fondly at his kid, ruffling his hairs.

"Happy birthday kid and your welcome"