Eight

"CARINA!" I heard a familiar voice scream. My eyes struggled to open. I had a headache and something slid down over my eyes. "We need to get you to St Mungo's," the voice said. As I opened my eyes, the green flames around me took me to an odd place. "What happened?" The doctors asked quickly. "I-I don't know. I was gone for 15 minutes," she cried. My mother. She was the one speaking. "We'll try to wake her up," he said. "What do you mean try?!" She said a bit annoyed. "We don't know if she will wake up..." he mumbled. "Wake her up!... please," she whispered. Half an hour of voices and I found my eyes slowly opening. "Carina!" My mother smiled. I felt my head and looked at my hand. Blood. "What happened?!" She asked. I went to speak but found my voice lost. I put my hand to my throat and shook my head. "You can't speak?" She said. I shook my head again. "I'll ask the nurse," she said. I nodded quickly. She came back five minutes later with tears streaming down her face. "Something went wrong when they woke you up... you won't be able to speak for two years at least," she said sadly. I mouthed 'Lucius'. "Lucius did this to you?!" She yelled standing up. He walked in asking if I was ok. "LUCIUS ABRAXAS MALFOY!" She yelled shoving him against the wall aiming her wand at his face. "What?" He said shakily. "She told me you did this!" She snapped. "She can't even speak Narcissa!" He growled, still pinned against the wall. "Lucius why? Why did you do it?!" She shouted. "Because she's a brat. She's selfish and annoying and ungrateful! She doesn't care about us! She replaced us with her muggle family!" He shouted.