Tweleve

"Carina, Carina. Why is it every time I seem to be around you, your in a hospital," I heard my father say. I slowly opened my eyes to look at him. My mother stood next to him, her face impassive. "W-what happened?" I asked. "Your little spell worked," he sneered. I looked at him confused. "You brought out your inner demon. Apparently whatever that kid said triggered it. What did he say anyways?" My father asked. "That you and mother were cowards. Idiots, blood traitors. That the world would be better off without y'all," I mumbled. "So you defended your mother?" He asked. I nodded. "And me?" He said carefully. I hesitated. Then nodded again. "Hm," he said. I looked at my mother who still hadn't said anything. I smiled at her softly. "Dont smile at me!" She snapped. "S-sorry," I said shocked at her reaction. I looked into her eyes but they seemed more of a hazy yellow than their normal sky blue. "Mother?" I asked. "What color are your eyes?" I finished. "Blue...?" She said looking at me as if I was her sister. "Then why are they yellow?" I asked. She looked towards my father. He thought about something and then she started to talk. He seemed to be mouthing the words while she said them. "Odd..." I whispered to myself. "Who are you?" I asked. "Or what did you do to her?" I turned to my father. They both stood silent. "ANSWER ME!" I screamed. Tears streamed down my face. "I don't know what you've done! But I want my mother back! I liked the kindness she showed in her blue eyes. Not the coldness in her yellow eyes!" I cried. "Please..." I whispered. It wasn't until afterwards I realized how helpless I sounded. But, living with the Malfoy's was nothing without my mother. "To bad. This is your mother now! She's seen how much of a monster you are!" He said. "That's a lie!" I told him. "If you won't get her back, then I'm leaving," I said. My mothers eyes began to fade blue again until my father looked at her. She didn't seem as emotionless anymore. "Be my guest," my father said. "Dont you agree, love?" He asked stroking her brown and blonde hair. I could tell something was wrong. She tried to shake her head and speak. But before she knew what happened she said what I could tell she didn't want to. "Y-yes...?" She mumbled. Tears streamed down her face. "Mom? What's wrong?" I asked stepping towards her. "She's fine!" My father put his cane between me and my mother. "Right?" He turned to her. She shook her head. But then her eyes became completely yellow and she wiped away her tears quickly. "Yes everything's fine. It's just... we left Draco alone. He could be really scared," she said. My father looked at her. "Yes I agree. We should head to check on him," my father said. "Mother wait!" I called before they left. "What do you want?!" She asked. I ran up to her and hugged her. It was then again that her eyes began to fade between blue and yellow. "S-stop- g-get- away..." she stuttered. "I-Im I'm sorry!" she said to my father. Or to me. I wasn't sure. She walked out with my father quickly. I grabbed my father's sleeve before he left. "Whatever you did. I WILL undo it. Even if I die trying," I growled. I let go of his sleeve harshly while he left. Spell, potion, manipulation? I don't know. But I was determined to figure out what he did to my mother. Like I said, even if I died trying to.