Seventeen

I looked around. I was on another cot. Great. But this time, this time, Bellatrix was still alive, and my parents were fighting the deatheaters. I think I was given a second chance. Can't waste this one. I got up quickly and grabbed Bellatrix out of the way, before the spell hit me instead. I woke up on another cot. Ok... I pushed Molly out of the way this time, but Bellatrix's curse hit me. "DAMN IT!" I screamed when I woke up. I stood between them but both of their spells hit me. Ok Bellatrix was going to die. That I could not change. Or... I found Draco and made him grab Bellatrix. This time it worked. "Good! Now come on!" I grabbed Draco's hand and led them to my parents. "Trust me Bella, the dark lord is already dead!" I said. Draco, me, mother, father, we all knew that that was true. Except for Bella. She looked at us with tears in her eyes. I had made a mistake. Because those tears turned to anger. She grabbed me by the throat and lifted me off the ground. "CARINA!" My mother screamed. She dropped me quickly and clutched her hand. I turned to my parents. Their wands were drawn. "Bella, he's dead. There's nothing you can do!" She said. I grabbed their hands and led them to the bridge. "Mum, dad, Draco, Aunt Bella, you all need to go their and get home SAFELY!" I said. But during it, a death eater began to duel them. Bellatrix fell of the side of the bridge. I didn't wake up on a cot so that didn't seem too important. Until my mother stopped dueling. She was trying to comprehend what had just happened. One of the spells hit her straight in the chest. "MUM!" I screamed. I ran to her quickly abandoning almost all of the hope I had. Suddenly something appeared above us. It was a human. "Congratulations CarinaMalfoy, you have survived! If you would please remove the headset, you can leave. Unless you want to try to play some more?" The voice said. I didn't understand. I nodded quickly. I then continued to try to wake up my mother. "You foolish girl," my father said. "You could've won the game!" Draco laughed. "That was your ticket to escape. However, though you killed the wrong one of us, it still registered it was winning. Then I woke up on the cot again. I did the same thing as I did last time. Draco grabbed Bellatrix. We told her he was dead, they walked to the bridge l, Bellatrix fell. I grabbed my mother out of the way and placed my father there instead. The human appeared again. "Congratulations CarinaMalfoy, you have survived! If you would please remove the headset, you can leave. Unless you want to try to play some more?" He asked. I smiled. "Carina. Don't you dare!" Lucius said. He was still half alive. "Kill her!" He said to Draco. Draco pounced at me. "NO I WANT TO LEAVE!" I screamed. The world around me faded into pixels. I took off the headset. "Carina!" My mother shouted. "What happened?" I asked. "Do you not remember anything?" She asked. "I remember the war. Bellatrix falling, dad dying," I said. "The war? Is that where you just were?!" She asked. I nodded. "Oh darling I'm so sorry you had to go through that again," my mother hugged me. "What happened?" I asked. "The war was actually a few years ago. Your father did die, and Bella did. He was poisoned. And it went into affect right before the war ended. You became obsessed with muggle games. You decided to try this VR thing? You got stuck. I didn't think it would erase your memories though," she said. "Wait... so all of the stuff before the war really happened?" I asked. She nodded. And then everything came back to me. "Mum!" I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry," I whispered. I began to cry. "It was my fault that dad died..." I told her. "No it wasn't. Maybe in the game it was. But not here. I couldn't let him continue to hurt you and Draco. But I couldn't hurt him. But Bella could... she was the one who poisoned him. You didn't do anything," my mother said. I hugged her again. "Let's go home," I said. She smiled and we walked home. Everything I had seen was a memory.

"Carina hurry!" Mom calls. "I'm coming!" I shout as I close the book I just wrote. It's about when I got stuck in the VR of my memories. "Are you hungry?" She asks. I nod. "Did you finish it?" She smiles. I nod again. "Also, I got a ticket for a VR game where I can see my future!" I smile. "Really?" She asks. "Yeah. That other VR game... what was it called?" I ask trying to remember. "It was called Above Them All," she smiles. "This new one is called Below Them All," I say

Just an FYI this means I'm working on another book during Carina's future called Below Them All. It's not out yet but I'll notice y'all when it is