Five

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

The next day, you sat on the Gryffindor table along with your friends. "Good morning, guys." You said. " God morning, Al" Came their reply, you turned to Hermione who didn't say anything.

"Good morning, Hermione." You said with a raised eyebrow, confused.

"Morning." Her reply was stiff, you didn't understand what her problem was.

"What's the problem?"

"What's the problem?" Hermione scoffed,"I'm sorry, I didn't know coming to school in a flying car wasn't a problem."

"Oh, so that's what you are so cranky about. Chill out Hermione, I already got a scolding from my father, I don't need another one."

"Well, I wil chill out but not until and unless you tell me you have learnt your lesson." She scowled at you.

"I have, don't worry. I was just way too panicked to think, it was a big risk. Plus, these two also had a go at me last night." You said gesturing to her friends who just grinned at her.

You just rolled your eyes at them and turned to Hermione but before you could say anything, Jay cut you off.

"Well, who wouldn't if you wouldn't tell them your birthday and act as if it was not a big deal."

"Her birthday? When is it?" Hermione asked and you mentally face palmed knowing another storm was coming, just as Lorenzo was about to reply Ron and Harry came and sat down and greeted them.

Hermione's response was just as stiff as the first time if not more. Lorenzo then continued, "yeah so, her birthday was yesterday and she didn't tell us. We only got to know when Draco wished her."

1.

2.

3.

"CORDELIA!! How can you just not tell us something so important!?" Hermione raged out as Harry and Ron stared at her in shock and anger.

You opened her mouth to say something but was cut off when someone smacked you on your head, you turned around to see the rest of the Weasley boys standing there looking as if they were about to kill you.

"Woah, woah calm down. It's not a big dea—"

"Shut up! You said the same thing last night and we told you, IT. IS. A. BIG. DEAL." Julius yelled at you making people look at you weirdly, you looked around in embarrassment but stopped when you saw the Asian boy from yesterday named Castor looking at you guy with amusement.

You were greatly irritated at the look of amusement on his face when Fred caught your attention, " how can you not tell us? You wound me, raven." He said with a dramatic gasp and a hand over his chest. You sighed and were about to apologise to them but no, someone had to cut you off.

"Black, I heard people going on about how you came to school in a flying car, you are not hurt, are you?"

"Hufflepuff boy, it's none of your business how I came here so mind leaving?" Your tone was cold, unlike the tone you used with your friends.

You could have sworn to see hurt flash through Cedric's eyes before they went back to their usual warmth.

"Nah, I wanna know. Please, tell me." He grinned at you making you roll your eyes.

"I'm perfectly fine, badger boy." You said , hoping he would go away.

"The name's Cedric Diggory." He said.

Once again you rolled your eyes, "whatever, badger boy." This time he was the one who rolled his eyes at the nickname but nonetheless, he smiled, "well, it's a pleasure to get a nickname from the girl I have been trying to make friends with."

You sighed in annoyance, can he take the good out of everything? You ignored him but he then said something which caught your attention, " well, my cousin brother started his first year yesterday, I would like it if you met him."

You were about to give some snarky reply but he cut you off making your friends snicker at your poor self.

"CASTOR!! CAN YOU COME HERE PLEASE??" He yelled for his brother and you and your friends almost drowned in embarrassment.

You watched as the cute boy stood up from his seat on the same table and come towards you guys.

Stop it! He is not cute!

"So Cordelia, this my cousin. Introduce yourself to this young lady, Castor."

"Do I need to call her, sunbaenim?" The boy asked.

"No, this is not Korea." Cedric answered and the boy nodded making his fluffy hair bounce.

"Hello, I'm Castor Jeon. I'm a first year Gryffindor and his cousin." You almost cooed at his voice, it was soft and a little high pitched but just a little.

His voice is angelic.

You stopped staring at him and decided being nice for once wouldn't hurt, " I'm Cordelia Lupin-Black, second year, Slytherin."

"Wait, you mean that Black?" His big eyes were wide and he had a small pout on his face. You would have found it cute if it wasn't for his question.

"Yes, that Black and I suppose, I said Lupin-Black while introducing, not just Black." You sneered, highly offended and your friends behind you gripped their wands in case the boy made any off comment but what he said next suprised all of you.

"Oh my god, do you know that you are really famous around Hogwarts? Apparently you defeated you-know-who last year along with Harry Potter. You both are so strong. It was just your first year, too. All your friends too, they are also all so smart and strong."

Your eyes widened, not expecting that. He sat down next to you almost forcing Ron to shift and started ranting while you all just stared at him stunned. After some minutes he finally noticed everyone staring at him and flushed in embarrassment.

A smirk graced your lips when he looked at you and he went even more red. He quickly apologised and went back to his seat and the his brother grinned at you and also took his leave.

After you apologised to your friends, the Weasley brothers left excluding Ron.

You all finally started eating, and all of a sudden a loud voice sounded and everyone looked up to found hundreds of owls sweeping in, Nox was also one of them though he didn't hold anything in his claws. You chuckled realising he just came to have some time with you.

A splash and some milk splattered on you took your attention off of Nox as you stopped petting him only to earn a screech of displeasure.

Guilt overcame you as you looked at the terrified face of Ron,

"A howler..." You said.