Sixteen

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

"No you will not." You growled.

"Ms. Black, charming young women, please-" he smiled his oh so charming smile.

"This charming young women can kill you torturously with just a flick of my hand and your so called charming smile does not work on me, did you forget that?" Your eyes glowed green, threatening him to take a single step.

"You will go first." Snarled Enzo.

White-faced and wandless, Lockhart approached the opening.

"Boys," he said, his voice feeble. "Boys, what good will it do?"

"Dude, I'm like a boy but I'm a girl too, show some recognition!"

Harry jabbed him in the back with his wand. Lockhart slid his legs into the pipe.

"I really don't think-" you finally had enough of him and kicked him hard at the same time as Ron pushed him.

Harry wasted no time in lowering himself in the pipe and you quickly followed along with Ron and Enzo. As you slipped down the dark, steep and slimy pipe, you could see other pipes branching out here and there.

You ticked your hands in, protecting your wand when you fell out of the large pipe, wet and dirty. Harry was already watching as you gracefully landed onto your feet and stood proudly. He admired how, even in a situation like this, you always stood tall and proud and the deadly aura never seemed to falter making other cave in. Not just in fear but because of the respect your aura demanded.

Your stormy satin grey eyes held determination, power and authority even in your young age. He could only imagine your power when you would be fully grown.

"We must be miles under the school," said Harry, his voice echoing in the black tunnel.

"Under the lake, probably," said Ron, squinting around at the dark, slimy walls.

Enzo sneaked behind you and slipped his hand into yours as you stared into the darkness ahead. You rolled your eyes when you couldn't figure out anything and lit up your wand.

Harry followed.

You scoffed as you stopped on a small animal bone, the tunnel where you landed still looked as dark even with the source of light but you moved on with a slight reminder from Harry to close your eyes.

You were just only some steps ahead when Ron's hoarse voice came, "Harry—there is something there—"

A long, thick outline was seen and you hoped dearly it was asleep. Harry seemed to have the same thought as he said, "maybe it's asleep."

You nodded at him and you both moved forward, leaving Ron and Enzo to support each other and pointed your wands at the silhouette.

A long, green and poisonous snake skin laid there.

"Blimey," said Ron weakly.

There was a sudden movement behind them. Gilderoy Lockhart's knees had given way.

"Get up," said Ron sharply, pointing his wand at Lockhart. Enzo stood shocked, staring at the skin. He was not afraid of most of the things but he was afraid of snakes.

Lockhart got to his feet - then he dived at Ron, knocking him to the ground.

Harry jumped forward, but too late - Lockhart was straightening up, panting, Ron's wand in his hand and a gleaming smile back on his face.

You rolled your eyes.

More drama, as if I didn't already have enough.

"The adventure ends here, boys!" he said.

"And girl, now kindly give Ron his wand back. It's not a toy to play with." You said but he ignored you and continued, "I shall take a bit of this skin back up to the school, tell them I was too late to save the girl, and that you two tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body - say good-bye to your memories!"

You got ready with your wand as Enzo got into a defensive stance too but you stopped, suddenly remembering something and smirked putting out your arm stopping Enzo as well. He looked confused but smirked when he saw your face.

He knew you too well. He could tell what you were thinking.

He raised Ron's Spellotaped wand high over his head and yelled , "Obliviate! "

The wand exploded from the wrong end and as you were about to put on a forcefields over evryone. Everyone but that git. A hand pulled you and dragged you from under the falling debris.

You shouted, frustrated, "what the hell!? They might get killed! Let me go!"

You landed on yur hands when you were freed and you coughed.

"Ron! Ted!" Harry shouted. "Are you okay? Ron!"

You stood up and turned around to come face to face with a wall made of debris.

You scoffed, "the heck did you pull me?"

"Oh, so you'd rather be under that wall than with me?" He sassily said. You rolled your eyes.

"I'm here!" came Ron's muffled voice from behind the rockfall. "I'm okay - this git's not, though - he got blasted by the wand--"

There was a dull thud and a loud "ow!" It sounded as though Ron had just kicked Lockhart in the shins.

"What now?" Ron's voice said, sounding desperate. "We can't get through - it'll take ages..."

You looked above at the ceiling, there were huge cracks and blasting the wall could make the cave collapse while time was running out, you needed to save Ginny.

Another this and ow was heard, "okay, Ron, Enzo we need to continue. You both try to shift the rocks till the time we come back."

"And if we don't come back..." Harry got interrupted by Enzo.

"You must not waste time."

There was a very pregnant pause, "I'll try and shift some of this rock," said Ron, who seemed to be trying to keep his voice steady. "So you can - can get back through. And—"

"See you in a bit," said Harry, trying to inject some confidence into his shaking voice.

You set off along with Harry past the snake skin.

It was not long before the noise of the shifting stones was gone as you both walked down the turning, turning ever so often. The tunnel, you thought, was more of a labyrinth since every turn you took made the unpleasant feeling in your stomach grow bigger and bigger just like the anxiety a person gets when they are in a labyrinth, trying to find a way. The feeling of being lost and never escaping.

You once again turned around a bent of tunnel and were met with a solid wall ahead on which two entwined serpents were carved, their eyes set with great, glinting emeralds. Greener than the forest, their eyes seemed to have some sort of life in it and you felt the dark energy coursing through the air.

Harry cleared his throat and you could have sworn the serpents' eyes flickered. You rose your eyebrows in suprise when he looked at you with expectations.

You nodded.

"Open" you hissed lowly, your voice turning dark as your wand started playing a low musical note.