Fifteen

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

"That's exactly Hagrid's problem!" said Ron, thumping the wall of the cabin. "He always thinks monsters aren't as bad as they're made out, and look where it's got him! A cell in Azkaban!" He was shivering uncontrollably now. "What was the point of sending us in there? What have we found out, I'd like to know?"

"That Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets," said Harry, throwing the cloak over Ron and prodding him in the arm to make him walk. "He was innocent."

Ron gave a loud snort. Evidently, hatching Aragog in a cupboard wasn't his idea of being innocent.

You ignored their conversation till now, thinking about everything and connecting them.

I'm parseltounge, Harry is too. We hear something no one does. Chamber of secrets was built by Slytherin, mascot is a serpent of the Slytherins since Salazar was a parseltongue and spiders fears above all.

"We did, I did figure out something." You announced.

"What is it?" Enzo asked.

"Harry and I can hear this mysterious voice. It means the monster is a snake, a basilisk to be particular."

"How?" Ron asked, annoyed.

"Idiot, what is the Slytherin mascot?"

"A serpent." Ron answered with a raised eyebrow.

"And what was Salazar known for?" His face lit up.

"Being a parseltounge!" He exclaimed.

"Me and Harry are parseltounge too and only we can hear this mysterious voice." You finally finished.

"Okay, then why do you suppose its a basilisk of all?" Harry asked.

"Well, only a basilisk is capable of killing someone at one look. And petrify someone if it's eyes contacts theirs indirectly."

"Wait so that means Hermione had that mirror so that they could turn around the corners without dying." Ron amused.

"Yes."

"Mrs. Norris saw the basilisk from the water. Creevy saw it from his camera and Justin saw it through Nick and he was a ghost, ghosts are already dead so they can't die." Harry finished the theory with a wide grin when Enzo asked.

"All of that is okay but basilisks are huge, you know, they can't just roam around the school, so how do they travel around the school?"

Silence fell upon you and all of you walked towards the castle, thinking of an answer. You had a theory but that seemed far fetched to you.

"I think I have a theory but I don't know, it seems far fetched."  You sighed but Harry smiled at you, "it's okay, it can be right too. But don't worry. You have already discovered much."