Nineteen

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

Cordelia opened her now glowing blue eyes and touched ner head expecting to see blood but no, her wounds were healed. She looked around to see riddle looking at her with shock and the basilisk towering over Harry. She stood up, wobbling a bit, slowly understanding what was happening since her necklace was glowing.

I unlocked my powers. They can heal.

She smirked.

"Your're dead Riddle."

She ran towards the basilisk with water floating on her palms which she tried to turn to slicers. The new water slicers in her hands coiled around her wrist showing their loyalty towards their master.

She charged towards th basilisk who smelled her and was lunging forward as well but at the end moment she dodged and ran towards the sword lying on the floor. She quickly took grasped it's hilt and suddenly water covered the pillars and the chamber.

Cordelia slid on it like a surfer and made her way to the statue. She jumped from the path of water and land on the statue's head. She knew the monster couldn't find her so formed ball of water and threw it at the monster.

It looked at the direction at the direction the water hit him from and started slithering towards it.

It could soon find her smell and lunged at her with its mouth open releasing a growl and Cordelia raised the sword. She pulled her hand back and with all her force thrusted the sword upwards making it go right through the upper roof of the basilisk's mouth.

But her eyes widened when the pain hit her. A fang was sinking deep into her blood drenched arm which broke off the basilisk when it fell sideways.

Cordelia fell on her knees and slipped from the head of the statue falling down right on top of the basilisk. She screwed her eyes shut and opened them, they were green this time. She broke her fall and floated back to solid ground where she finally gave up and collapsed.

She took a shaky breathe in and let the water gather around Harry to heal him. She felt Fawkes flying towards her with a shrill cry as the white hot pain started spreading. With all her energy she pulled the fang out of her arm and threw it away from her. It landed besides Harry.

"You're dead, Cordelia Black," said Riddle's voice above him. "Dead. Even Dumbledore's bird knows it. Do you see what he's doing, Black? He's crying."

Yes indeed, crystal tears slipped out of Fawkes' eyes and her eyes softened.

"You were great Fawkes. Please protect Harry."

It laid its head on her arm where the wound was and she hissed in pain. Black dots have started covering her vision.

But then she felt it, a stinging sensation on your arm and your vision started to clear out.

Get away, bird," said Riddle's voice suddenly. "Get away from her- I said, get away--"