𝐎𝐍𝐄

────────── · 。゚☆:

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     FOGGY, FOGGY, FOGGY. It took a few more rings before Matt finally woke up. When he answered the phone, he was still half asleep.

"Hello?"

"Good morning sunshine!"

"What time is it?"

"Half past get the hell up. What was that? Was that a moan? Do you have somebody in bed with you? The paralegal! Is it the para over at— never mind, I don't wanna hear about it. No, I do wanna hear about it! What was she like?"

Cassie groaned and snatched the phone from her brothers hand, unable to listen to any more of his nonsense. "Morning Matt."

"Cassie," he sat up, a small smile on his face.

"What my dear, dear brother was supposed to tell you was that the meeting with the real estate agent is in less than an hour, it's in forty-five minutes actually. Are you still in bed?"

"Nope," the smile turned into a grin, as he was technically telling the truth. He'd just stood up a good few seconds before she asked that question.

Foggy elbowed her, and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "I'm supposed to tell you that the real estate agent won't be your type, so try not to be so charming."

"What I'm hearing is you think I'm charming?"

"Alright Murdock. I can tell you're smiling. I said no such thing."

Foggy leaned closer, "she kind of told me she thinks blind people are God's mistake!"

"I think he gets the message," Cassie laughed, shoving him away. She turned her attention back to the phone call, "alright get up and get ready, we've gotta go bribe a cop. And to my FBI agent listening in on this call, that was a joke!"

Just a short while later Cassie stood there half with shame, as Foggy handed Brett the paper bag.

"You're right, it ain't the careers," Brett turned to face Cassie. "You have a good day Cass," giving her a small nod before he turned and began to walk the other way.

"Hey why does she get a goodbye? Alright well thanks buddy!"

"One of these days that's gonna get you in trouble you know," Cassie shook her head as they continued walking down the street.