𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

────────── · 。゚☆:

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     MATT WAS NEVER REALLY A POETRY GUY. During college, Foggy and Cassie had dragged him to a couple of random poetry readings, but he never got into it. But one day when he was in one of the on-campus libraries, he found himself checking out a poetry audio book. There was one in particular that stuck with him.

You flood my thoughts
and wide awake dreams
I adore you to depths
beyond the eye can see.

He thought it was a little funny the first time he heard it, given that he couldn't see anything. So technically everything was beyond what his eyes could see.

But now as Cassie lay in his bed, still in his arms, it made sense. He thought about her a lot before, maybe even a little too much. But getting that phone call from her, holding her as he thought she was dying, comforting her after her nightmare, and their confessions to each other, she was all he'd been thinking about. If he had to write all of them down, he didn't think a single one of his thoughts would be without Cassie.

Sure, they'd confessed their love for each other less than 12 hours ago, but what they had together was so much more than just last night. And their love for each other started long before then.

Their love was the way Cassie would look for Matt as soon as she walked into a room and knew he was going to be there. It was in the way Matt walked Cassie to the door and listened for the sound of the car driving away before he'd go back inside, because he had to make sure she was safe. It was in the way Cassie stayed up late with Matt every night for 2 weeks straight, reading out loud to him from his textbooks so that he could study, because she could tell he was frustrated having to read braille and take notes at the same time. And the way Matt would make the short trip to her dorm room with her favorite takeout when he knew she was going to be up late studying but she'd probably forget to eat.

Now that they'd vocalized how they felt about each other, it made them both just that much happier.

As Matt was laying there, daydreaming about all the things that could be different, that they might get to do together now that he knew she felt the same way, his phone began to ring. He reached over to grab it, trying not to move and wake up Cassie. Holding the phone to his ear, he figured out it was Karen that was calling.

Which in turn reminded him of Foggy.

Shit.

He had no idea how he or Cassie were going to explain her injuries, or the break-in to her apartment. If Foggy saw how bad Cassie's injuries really were, even if they lied and said Matt was with her when it happened which explains why he was the one that was taking care of her, Foggy might never forgive him if he knew that his sister hadn't been taken to a hospital, and instead could've died in Matt's apartment.