𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

────────── · 。゚☆:

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

    IN A PERFECT WORLD, THINGS WOULD BE NORMAL. Matt would've still met Cassie and Foggy in college, and they'd still end up being best friends, but after that, things would be so different. At least they would've been, in Matt's mind anyway.

If there was no Devil, and he was just a normal man who started his own law firm with one of his best friends, Matt could only imagine what his life would look like. If there was no Devil, and he could go back in time, he'd confess his feelings for Cassie as soon as he realized them.

And if Elektra still somehow came into the picture, he'd push her away.

They'd lead a happy life, one with no danger, no sneaking around and having a new bruise somewhere else every day. Cassie would still go on to work at the same art gallery while Matt ran Nelson and Murdock with Foggy, and then at the end of their days, they'd come home to the same apartment. And as Matt would lay in bed while Cassie slept next to him, he'd constantly think of how lucky he is.

He'd think about how this beautiful, caring, smart, perfect woman, loved him, and he loved her.

Eventually Cassie would leave the art gallery, and open up her own. Matt would end up giving a big speech at the grand opening, and he'd gush about how proud he was of her. How he knew she was going to achieve her dream the very first day they met. He'd joke about how he may be blind, but even he could see how incredible she was. And again, he'd talk about how lucky he was that he got to witness first-hand, all of her greatness.

As she ran her gallery, and he and Foggy grew their firm and took on new clients, they'd still maintain that something special that they always had. Things would grow more serious, and Matt imagined that someday he'd propose, in this perfect alternate life.

He didn't know how he'd do it, but he wanted it to be a grand gesture. He wanted Cassie to see how much he loved her, and how he couldn't wait to spend the rest of their lives together.

Once in college, when he and Foggy had been discussing past relationships, Matt casually asked about Cassie. Foggy let it slip that she'd only ever been in one relationship, and it had ended pretty bad. But that ever since she was a young girl, she dreamed of a big fairytale wedding. In a perfect life, Matt knew that he'd give that to her if he had the chance.

But, this wasn't that perfect world. The Devil was very much real, and Matt still remembered every word about his conversation with Cassie.