𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

────────── · 。゚☆:

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

THERES A BRIEF MOMENT OF PANIC. When Matt finally stumbles back to his apartment, he can hear someone breathing inside, and mentally prepares himself for the worst as he slowly turns the key in the lock. But once he actually steps foot inside, he breaths a huge sigh of relief.

Cassie.

Walking as quietly as he can, Matt makes his way over to his bathroom, grabbing a garbage bag from the kitchen before going inside. Quickly taking off his clothes, he stuffs them into the bag, shoving it under the sink.

As he takes a shower, it's still incredibly painful, so he gently scrubs as best he can, hoping that he removes all of the blood.

Once Matt exits the bathroom, he pauses again. After determining that Cassie is still asleep, he puts on sweatpants and a plain shirt. Walking over to the couch, he gently takes Cassie into his arms, walking back to his bedroom and laying her down.

She'd been up until nearly 3am, doing the pre-planning for her job's upcoming art showcase. So when Foggy woke her up, she'd only gotten less than three hours of sleep. This ended up benefitting Matt, as she barely stirred when he laid down next to her.

"Matt? What time is it?" She whispers, only opening her eyes halfway.

"Shh," he puts the comforter over her. "I'm sorry I didn't call you, but get some rest, please? I promise we'll talk when you wake up again."

Cassie is still beyond exhausted, and half asleep, so she simply nods before drifting off again.

Around 9am, she wakes up again. Still sleepy, but not wanting to spend all of her last day off in bed, Cassie quietly removes the covers. Just before she stands up, Matt speaks.

"Not awake already are you?" She turns to see him stretching, moving himself into a sitting position.

"It's after nine," Cassie yawns. "I didn't want to spend all day asleep. Sorry I didn't mean to wake you. You should go back to sleep."

"Waking up in my bed twice in one week, can't get enough of me huh?"

Cassie rolls her eyes, biting her lip to keep from smiling. "I definitely fell asleep on your couch, so I guess it's you that can't get enough of me, hmm? Where were you anyway? You had Foggy worried."