𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

────────── · 。゚☆:

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

CASSIE IS WOKEN UP BY A SHARP PAIN IN HER LEG. When she opens her eyes, the first thing she sees is a woman she doesn't recognize. Her instant reaction is to scream, but her throat is so sore, she isn't even sure a sound would come out.

"I'm sorry," the woman speaks up as she tends to the wound on Cassie's leg. "Thought you'd be out for a little bit longer, and this really needs stitches."

Looking around, she recognizes that she's in Matt's apartment.

"Who—"

"I'm Claire," she gives Cassie a small smile.

"The nurse."

"That's me."

Curiosity gets the better of her. "How long have you know... that he's... you know?"

"Not that long," Claire admits. "I'm not sure how much he told you yet but I found him outside of my apartment building. At first glance I thought he was dead. But he had a pulse so I brought him up to my apartment with a little help. I don't know why I didn't just call 911. Seeing that his face was covered, and how bad his injuries were, my gut reaction was that he wouldn't have wanted a hospital."

"Oh," Cassie doesn't know what to say.

"He wanted it to be you, you know."

"Huh?"

Claire sits down on the edge of the bed. "He wanted you to be the first one that he told. I didn't know your name at the time, but he talked about this woman. Said he wishes that you would've been the first one to find out."

"I don't know that he was ever planning on telling me."

"I think he was. Talked about you quite a lot too. Okay this is gonna hurt like a bitch, but your leg really does need stitches, and the pain won't be nearly as bad as what you've already been through."

Cassie put her hands over her face, biting her lip so that she wouldn't cry out in pain.

"Okay, that should do it," Claire stands up a few minutes later, removing her gloves. "I've left something for the pain, it won't take it away completely but it should be a big improvement. Stay sitting or laying down for the entire day. And the next couple of days if that's possible. It'll suck, but the less time you're on your feet, the faster your leg will heal. Walking around will only put more stress on it."