𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

(a/n: i know matt + elektra happen while he's at columbia, but in my story it's after while he's at harvard)

42 votes and the next chapter is up! 🥳

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     MATT MURDOCK WAS HIDING SOMETHING. Exactly what that something was, Cassie didn't know. But it was obvious, painfully so. She woke up as Matt left the room, and ended up staying awake for as long as she could to ask if he was alright. But he didn't return immediately, and she eventually fell back to sleep.

In the morning she asked how he slept, and when all he said was good, she knew that something was up. Still, Cassie didn't press the issue. She trusted Matt and hoped that if something was going on then he'd tell her.

When Matt was asked that question, he immediately felt guilty. This wasn't his first time lying about what he did at night, but this was the first time that Cassie had spent the night and somehow, lying this time made it worse.

But he did mean it when he said he slept good. Somehow, her being there made sleeping more peaceful. When he got back into bed, listening to the sound of her heart once again made it easier to drift off. When Cassie simply moved on to another topic of conversation, it was a big relief. He could only hope that she wasn't skeptical, and that she hadn't woken up while he was gone.

For an unknown amount of time, as he lay there, he couldn't help but think of the woman sleeping next to him. They were extremely close pretty much from the day they met. And there was only one period of time when the two weren't on speaking terms, when he dated Elektra.

The woman instantly took a disliking to Cassie, and Matt had become so infatuated with her that he actually listened to her when she said that he shouldn't spend so much time with Cassie. He still remembers how pathetic he must've looked when he called her in a panic after Elektra had abandoned him at Roscoe's mansion.

It took a lot of long conversations, but Cassie finally let Matt back into her life, and he swore he'd never lose her like that again.

Cassie and Foggy were pretty much the only constants in Matt's life. And really, she was the only constant woman. Despite his feelings for her that he'd long since pushed aside, he never made any sort of move with her.

Keeping this secret from them, it was only growing more and more painful. But he also grew a little more terrified every time he thought about what might happen if he did tell her.