𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

────────── · 。゚☆:

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

MATT CONSIDERED IT A MIRACLE THAT CASSIE WAS STILL TALKING TO HIM. By some... miracle, and that was the only word he could think to use, she hadn't woken up when he slipped out again that night. And when he returned and cleaned himself up, he took twice as long because he knew that any dried blood would be a dead giveaway.

The next morning, she was awake before Matt. Quickly running out to the coffee shop that wasn't far, she returned with his favorite drink and a muffin for when he woke up.

He ended up waking up just as Cassie had finished getting ready for the day, only able to spend a few minutes with him before she had to leave if she wanted to make it in on time.

The fact that the bruise on his face hadn't caught her eye was a small victory. But Cassie had been so worried about being late for being early, that she'd mostly just talking while she quickly did her makeup and hair, barely glanced at Matt before rushing out the door.

Matt ended up getting up and ready not long after she left, not wanting to get a call from Foggy asking if he was going to bother coming in today. He was never late, but that didn't stop Foggy from asking since he was also never really early.

As he buttoned up his shirt, he couldn't help but smile at how... normal, the morning seemed. If anyone else were looking in, they'd probably assume that Matt and Cassie were a couple. She'd spent the night again, and was comfortable enough to come and go from his apartment, having her own key. The more he thought about it, he liked the feeling he got knowing that she was going to be there when he woke up in the morning.

As much as Cassie would've liked to spend her morning thinking of her best friend, she was pretty busy from the moment she stepped into the gallery. The hour before they opened for the day was spent at her desk, either typing away on her desktop or on the phone with someone.

Some rich guy had booked a private tour of the gallery for him and a bunch of his friends, so when they finally did open, the first hour was spent walking around and answering any questions the group had.

Once they left, there was still a steady stream of patrons. Cassie loved that she rarely dealt with rude people, and everyone on that particular day was nothing but friendly. In between speaking to people, she chatted with Penny. She'd been working there even longer than Cassie, and the two had grown close.

"So how are you and your boyfriend doing?"

"Penelope he's not my boyfriend," Cassie laughed, knowing that she was referring to Matt. Randomly throughout Cassie's employment there, he'd stop by. Sometimes to jokingly ask for a tour to see all the fine art, sometimes just to make sure she got home okay if he knew she was closing up by herself.