𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

a/n: couple of things different. this is based around s1 e4, but i'm making a few changes since you know, it's an a.u. asdfklasd, claire isn't the one taken in this chapter.

 asdfklasd, claire isn't the one taken in this chapter

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

IF MATT HAD GOTTEN CASSIE TO STAY THAT NIGHT, THINGS MIGHT HAVE PLAYED OUT A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.

"Semyon... it's us. Anatoly and Vladimir. That's it, just breathe... and tell us about the man who did this to you."

"The Devil. The Devil."

"Did you see anything? Semyon? Anything that could help us find him?"

"He has a weakness. A woman..."

Cassie isn't home when the men pick the lock on her door. They trash the place, searching for a schedule, a clue, anything that might tell them where she is. After coming up empty, they inspect the door to make sure there's no damage that can be seen. So that when she comes home, she doesn't suspect anything. Then they shut the door, and they wait.

It's a busy day at the gallery. No private bookings, which Cassie almost prefers, but a bunch of small parties, and everyone seems to have questions. She doesn't mind, she'll take any opportunity to talk about art. But today, she's tired. After tossing and turning all night, she managed a semi-decent amount of sleep, 5 hours. It wasn't great, but it was better than nothing.

Penny, her knight-in-shining-armor, brings Cassie back a large coffee when she takes her lunch. But even that doesn't do much. Realizing that she drinks so much caffeine that her body is now apparently immune to its affects, Cassie thinks to herself that maybe she should dial it back a little.

It's about 15 minutes before they close, when that man arrives again. Cassie finds it a little odd that he appears to be wearing an almost identical outfit to last time, all black. He's staring at a random painting, when she finally decides to approach him. He was friendly enough, and she knows you can't always judge people simply based on their appearance.

"Enjoying the rabbit in a snowstorm?"

"You remembered."

"Of course. I spend so much time here, I know every piece like the back of my hand. If I'm being honest, it may have been one of my favorites."