𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

chapter 4 at 50 votes!

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     CASSIE WAS BEGINNING TO WORRY ABOUT MATT AND FOGGY. They ended up pushing dinner to another night after taking on a case. Foggy let it slip that the case came from Brett, and Cassie was half surprised that the bribe had worked. That wasn't the part that worried her though.

Of course, neither man was allowed to discuss details about their new client, for obvious reasons. But Cassie sensed that they were on opposing sides when it came to the situation. And it wasn't too long until her suspicions were confirmed.

It was getting late the next night as she let herself into the new building for Nelson and Murdock. Foggy had text her that they were gonna be at there pretty late, so she offered to bring them dinner.

Matt had given Cassie a key when they made extra copies because once already she ended up bringing over a bunch of papers she printed out for them. About an hour before, they'd been given a free used printer and hadn't bothered to check if the ink cartridge inside was empty... well it was.

"Come on!" When Cassie heard her brother yell, she quietly walked towards them.

"Which one of us said that 'I believe the innocent includes everyone not yet convicted of a crime'? I'll give you a hint... it sure as hell wasn't me. I don't think she did it. This is a good arrest Foggy. We should already be reading about it in the papers. There's something not right about this case. I can feel it."

"Alright I'm just gonna say this once, and we can move on. You don't necessarily show the best judgement when women are involved, Matt."

"How would I even know if she's a beautiful woman?"

"I don't know. It's kinda spooky, actually. But it's like you aren't even aware that you're doing it. Like with my sister you flirt with her and you've told me—"

"Aaaand I'm here!" Cassie walked into the room, setting the bags of food on one of the desks.

Matt immediately stood up, smiling as he accepted the drink from her. "Hey, Cassie."

"You guys alright?" She looked between the two men, sensing obvious tension. "I just wanted to come by and drop off food, I'm gonna head back to my apartment now," she bent down to grab the takeout container that had her order in it, deciding it would be best to just eat at home so they could get back to work.