A Day In Vale

2 Weeks Later

Itachi lay awake in his bed, the morning sun shining on to his face, the harsh light making him squint. His thoughts wondered.

He loved his new family, they were kind and provided for him. But it was still hard for him to well...you know...express that love. Every time he thought about approaching Summer or Taiyang, flashes of that night  went through his mind. The slashes of his sword across his  parents'necks. The blood splatter staining his clothing as the tear's poured down his face.

It was the same for Ruby and Yang. Whenever he was near them, he could only see Sasuke. His brother's loving nature in his youth, was eerily similar to Ruby. He could only hope that she didn't turn into what his brother had become.

Itachi clenched his fist. He wouldn't let that happen. Ever again.

Itachi's mind then drifted to his training. He had been keeping up with his ninja exercises, although greatly reduced to fit his child body's needs. But he would soon need to start seriously training again. He still possessed his Sharingan, which was strange because his new body lacked Chakra. He knew this because he had tried to use some of his old jutsu a few months ago, and had no luck in preforming any of the techniques. He had been surprised at his ability to even use his Kekkei Genkai when he tried to activate it a few weeks ago. He supposed it was his 'Semblance'. But he could not use the Mangekyou, it seemed that it had been locked away, deep in his mind. But as far as Itachi was concerned, that was a good thing. He would rather not go blind while still being in his early twenties again. And besides, from what he knew he didn't need the Mangekyou to handle most threats in this new world.

Before Itachi could ponder anything else, he heard footsteps quickly approaching his room. The Ex-Shinobi quickly picked up a book from his desk. It was better to look occupied than be caught staring at the ceiling again.

Just then, Summer opened the door, smiling like usual. In fact, she seemed even happier than usual.

"Good morning Itachi! You better get ready, we're going on an adventure today!" Summer told him excitedly. Summer than went to go wake the other kids, leaving an intrigued Itachi in her wake.

'Adventure? I wonder what this is about.'  Itachi said to himself.

Pushing his question to the back of his mind, Itachi quickly got out of bed, exiting his room and heading towards the bathroom.

After taking care of his business, Itachi exited the bathroom in his new attire and headed downstairs. When he arrived, he slipped on his shoes and walked over to the kitchen table, seeing a plate with his new favorite snack: Strawberry Muffins, although it was no Dango, they didn't have his old favorite treat in this world. So the muffins would have to do.

Itachi quickly sat down and ate his food, finishing by the time Ruby and Yang arrived downstairs.

"Good morning Brother!" Ruby squealed as she ran at him, wrapping him up in a hug as she laughed. Although older by a year, the two were actually the same height.

Itachi responded by tapping his middle and index fingers against Ruby's forehead, while smiling softly.

"Good morning to you too Ruby." Itachi responded as Ruby finally let go of him.

"Hey little bro!" Yang said as she gave him a high five.

"Hello Yang." Itachi replied as he put his dish in the sink.

Itachi then sat down on the couch as the two girlz quickly ate their food. By the time the two were done, Summer and Taiyang had come down from upstairs.