Alone Together

Weiss POV

My eyes slowly began to open, trying to adjust to the total darkness before them. My ears were ringing, phantom screeches of grimm sounding in my head. My body ached, cuts and bruises burning. I couldn't see anything, and could only hear the faint pitter patter of rain outside of wherever I was. I had been sat up against some sort of hard wall.

I was soaking wet, my long, ivory hair dripping with water and blood. I cringed at the feeling, such was unbecoming of a Schnee. I shivered involuntarily, it was far too cold in here.

...Where was here?

My breath hitched at the thought, I had no idea where I was. Fear wormed its way into my heart as I began to hyperventalite. Each breath caused an ache to travel down my throat, my terror lasted for another minute before I calmed myself.

A Schnee has no fear.

"Ruby...Blake...Yang...Itachi...?" I wheezed. My voice came out coarse and rough, my throat burning with each name. My mind swam with memories of what had just transpired. I could remember a sea of black, red eyes boring with hunger into my soul. I could remember running to...somewhere with the others, then a crushing pain before my thoughts left me.

'Where are the others?'

The second I tried to move, a jolt of pain shot through my right leg, followed by my yelp of pain. I looked down, but remembered that I wouldn't be able to see anything anyway. Instead, I gingerly moved my fingers down to the area, moving them along my leg until they hit a hard, jagged obstacle.

The brief touch made me wince not only in pain, but in horror. The feeling of my own bone making me shiver. I slowly brought my fingers in front of my place, I moved my tongue across my pointer to see if it was still bleeding, and the taste of iron and copper confirmed my suspicions.

Realizing that trying to treat my leg in complete darkness was futile, I carefully reached for Myrtenaster, which was loosely hanging from my side. With the rotation of a chamber, I activated the fire dust stored inside. The bright orange light made me squint as it appeared, yet the warmth comforted me still.

The light brought with it a plethora of new information. I was in a cave, a small yet safe place. The walls were a myriad of dark grays and blues. A few logs were scattered around the place, probably blown in my the raging winds outside.

I looked down at my leg, where I could see the one poking up from skin. Dried blood covered the area, staining my bare skin red. I gagged at the sight, the pain becoming much more tangible now that I could see it. I gingerly placed my fingers upon the area, clenching my teeth in anticipation.

This was going to hurt.

In one, quick motion, I shove the bone back beneath my flesh. Tears welled up in my eyes, blood pooling in my mouth from how hard I had bit down on my tongue. My whole body was trembling from the pain, crying out for relief. But alas, my aura had been broken in the battle against the grimm.

The sound of a low groan of pain suddenly floated through the air and into my eardrums. My head snapped back, eyes locking onto the source that was a few feet to my right. My hand instinctively brought Myrtenaster into a battle ready position, even if my leg screamed from the sudden movement. The flames wrapped around my weapon danced in anticipation, ready to face the threat lurking with me in the cave.

What I was not ready for, was Itachi laying up against the cave wall, only a few feet from where I sat. Blood covered his body, his right arm loosely wrapped in Ruby's makeshift bandages. His outfit was shredded, rips and tears prevalent in the fabric. His face sported bruises and cuts, partially hiding his severe eyebags and worry lines.