Runaway

Itachi's eyes snapped open, the blinding dorm light above assaulted his vision. His ears rung, noises coming and going like the morning winds. He took in the scene around him, Ruby was sitting beside him on his bed, arms on his shoulders shaking him frantically. Her eyes were wide with worry and fear. His blanket was tangled around him. He could feel the sweat roll off of his head and chest. He looked off to the side, seeing Yang and Blake either side of his bed, Yang held his pill bottle in her hands, which were shaking lightly. Itachi could see Weiss at the foot of his bed, her face confused but worried nonetheless.

Itachi went to get up, but he then became aware of the liquid dripping from his eyes.

He had been crying.

"It...Itachi? Are you okay?" Ruby's voice called out shakely, clearly worried about her brothers well being.

'This is bad. I didn't think that such a dream would force this sort of reaction on my body. I need to think of something.' Itachi thought to himself.

"I...I just had a nightmare everyone. Nothing to worry about, I apologize if I frightened you all." Itachi said quietly, his voice even and calm like usual. But if one were to listen closely, they would hear the hesitation in his tone. Ruby seemed to calm a bit, but Yang wasn't so easily fooled.

"Nothing to worry about? You nearly rolled out of bed! You were shaking and whimpering too. What's wrong?" Yang said with conviction, her voice was strong yet still held the worry one would expect from a big sister. Itachi took her speaking as the time to completely calm himself, and then looked her dead in the eye.

"I'm fine Yang. It was just a bad dream." He repeated. Whatever response Yang was about to give was silenced by Itachi's slight glare. She just looked at him for a second, black and lilac caught in an intense stare off until she sighed, handing her brother his pill bottle.

"Whatever you say little bro, but if anything is bothering you, please...tell us." She relented, but her voice had calmed down back to its normal tone. Itachi nodded his thanks, taking the pills quickly before shuffling over to the shower, making sure not to let any of the girls see his bandages from the night before. He stepped into the room, closing the door behind him with a resounding click.

The four girls sat in silence, the atmosphere so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Or a gun-scythe.

The silence continued until Blake let out a quiet cough, making the other three look over at her. Her eyes darted around the room, until settling on Ruby and Yang.

"So...What exactly was that about?" She asked, an eyebrow raised at the two sisters. Weiss shared her look of confusion. Yang looked to Ruby, who nodded her head at her sister. Yang gazed back to their teammates and sighed.

"Itachi's always been a bit...weird. He was a very quiet child, and hardly did anything but read and do chores. He was only really ever super close to our mom. But when he was four...she went on a mission and...she never returned. Ever since then, he's had nightmares ever so often. But its never been this bad before." Yang explained.

Blake nodded in understanding, amber eyes dimming ever so slightly at the explanation. Weiss merely said "I see." Before turning around to prepare herself for the day.

Soon enough, Itachi exited the restroom, injuries cleaned and rewrapped. The rest of the team went in one by one, until all of them were ready for the day ahead.

Itachi turned to Ruby, eyes inquisitive.

"So, what are our plans for the day?" He asked. He was curious, there were no classed today, as it was the weekend. So what would they be doing today. Ruby turned to face him, smile briefly dimming before increasing ten-fold.