Passing Days

The sleep I had fallen into after arriving at the infirmary was light and restless. In fact, all sleep was getting harder nowadays. Every time I close my eyes, I start to see them. Sasuke, Shisui, Mother, Father. They just kept coming.

They wouldn't leave me alone.

It's why I took a Fentanyl pill along with my medication every night before bed. Was it healthy? No. Was I getting addicted? Perhaps. But it's the only thing that makes the pain go away.

This time was no different, I had slipped a pill into my shoe, and had taken it as soon as the nurse had left the room.

My injuries were mostly healed, my wound had closed back up and my chakra had naturally mitigate most of the damage I had taken. Though my sliced open cheek and hands were bandaged quite tightly, I suppose chakra couldn't fix everything.

But I digress, that was a few hours ago. Now, I lay awake on the bed I was stationed in, staring up at the celling. The only thing I could feel was the chakra coursing through my body, its warmth giving me just the slightest bit of comfort. I still remember when I had first felt it, upon awaking from my horrid slumber that fateful night. If I really concentrated, I could remember waking up to the dull ache of my newly born Mangekyou, the dried blood still caked on my face. But along with the pain, had came the familiar feeling of my chakra. Much lower than they were originally, but to have the sensation once more gave me just the slightest bit of nostalgia.

It reminded me of who I used to be.

Even if sometimes I longed to forget.

As the old memory finished playing in my mind, my thoughts turned to the distant future.

Our first big, team missions were coming up soon, in a week if I recall correctly. I have no idea what we are up against. Most likely some Grimm attack, as anything more complicated seems a bit too much for a first year team. But I could never be too sure, Ozpin was a strange man, after all. But whatever it is, I'm sure I-we can handle it.

Before I could continue pondering our mission, I heard a voice call out to me.

"Itachi? Are you okay?"

I turned by head to see Pyrrha, who had awoke during my internal monologue. Her blood-red hair tied up loosely in her signature ponytail. She was sitting up, as apposed to the last position I saw her in, lying down in her bed. She was rubbing her eyes, clearly still a bit tired. But other than that, she seemed fine, certainly due to her aura.

Damn.

I wish I had aura.

But anyway, I met her gaze, my own tired, midnight eyes locking with her concerned emerald orbs. I smiled a small smile in response, masking my true thoughts with my usual facade of jovial calm.

"Oh, yes Pyrrha, I am doing fine. I was just thinking about some things." I reply, her expression seems to morph into one of understanding before she went to speak again.

"You did really well in the ring today. Your skill is remarkable." She complemented me, I could almost hear Shisui's voice mixed in with her's. Quite alike, he and her. Both powerful warriors, skilled in a variety of abilities. But they were still kind, easy going individuals.

Well, except when you hurt their friends. I recalled Pyrrha's absolutely livid glare at Cardin every time he had taunted Jaune, almost as if daring him to speak up again.

And the less I say about Shisui when he was angry, the better.

"Thank you for you kind words, You too posses a high battle prowess. Your semblance especially, the ability to control metals is an amazing power." I return. She smile faltered at my words, and I immediately knew that I had hit a sore spot, I should probably fix that.