Deadly Struggle

Ruby, Yang and Weiss sat in their dorm room. Yang was playing a game on her scroll, and by her sounds of annoyance she was most definitely losing. Ruby was brainstorming new ideas for Crescent Rose, plates of cookies and an empty cup of coffee sat upon her desk as she worked. Unlike her teammates, Weiss was doing nothing of the sort. Instead, she just looked out of the open window. The night air making her snow white hair flutter ever so slightly. Her eyes were hollow, seemingly empty with no emotion to speak of. But it was clear to both Ruby and Yang that Weiss's head was anything but.

"Maybe I could modify the scope a bit..." Ruby muttered a modification for the seemingly millionth time. But this time, it seemed that Weiss has had enough. She whipped her head around with speed to make even Ruby jealous. "How are you two so calm about this?!" She suddenly yelled at the two sisters. Ruby looked to Yang, who just shrugged her shoulders at the outburst. "Because it's not that big of a deal...?" Yang replied with a confused glance. But this reply only served to anger Weiss more. "Not that big of a deal?! Have you lost your mind?! One of our teammates is missing, and has turned out to have previously been associated with the biggest terrorist group on Remnant! How is that not a big deal, Yang?! Please tell me!" Weiss exploded at her teammate, who raised her hands up with a look of surprise on her face.

"Weiss, that's not what I meant. Yeah, it was definitely a shock to learn about Blake's...former line of work. But she's still our friend, the same old Blake we all know and love. Besides, she'll have to come back eventually. She left most of her stuff here. And when she does, we'll talk to her. As a team." Yang explained her thoughts to Weiss, who calmed down a bit at her words. Eventually just sighing and looking back at the open window. "I suppose your right. But still, she lied to us. She didn't tell us anything. Did she not trust us? Did she not trust me? It's all my fault, isn't it? If I would have just shut up none of this would have ever happ-" Weiss began to spiral, each sentence spat out with more anger and self loathing than the last. But she was cut off by and pair of arms wrapping around her back, and the soothing sound of Ruby's voice inches from her ear.

"Don't you dare think for even a second that this is your fault, Weiss. This was bound to happen one day, secrets only remain secrets for so long. I just want you to know that it will all turn out okay, but I just can't watch as you beat yourself up about this okay?" Ruby eased Weiss's heart with her words. Weiss then let out a soft laugh. "Thanks.......dolt." "Hey!" Ruby playfully gasped, but before she could admonish Weiss for her oh so very cruel and hateful words, her scroll rang. The scarlet speedster rushed over, answering it before her ringtone could make it past the first beep.

"Hello?" Ruby asked.

"Ruby. You and the others come to Vale Harbor, now. Bring your weapons, and please bring Black Rose as well." Itachi's voice ringed from the scroll, his usually calm tone underlined with a slight sense of panic.

"Wha- Why?" Ruby asked, grabbing Black Rose from underneath Itachi's bed and rushing out of the dorm room along with the rest of her teammates to the Weapon's Lockers.

"I found Blake."

Ruby's expression turned to a smile so blinding it would make the sun wince, but she quickly asked with confusion.

"Why do we need our weapons then?"

The sound of wind howling could be heard from the other side of the scroll, as well as the loud thump of Itachi landing on the ground.

"She's not alone."

Then he hung up.

Itachi's gaze narrowed as he put his scroll back into his pocket. Blake had already leapt down to Torchwick, holding the Blade of Gambol Shroud to his neck while she sent him a venomous glare. Words were exchanged between the two, but Itachi couldn't make them out. But he could tell that the battle was about to begin. He took out his two throwing knives from hidden weapons compartment. He also mentally took note of how much dust he had on him.