Haunted Mind

Okay this place is starting to get old.

The Void in my head was all-encompassing. Just the same as before, nothing stretching on for miles. My Mangekyou active and scanning the area, I still could see nothing. My thoughts wandered back to how exactly I arrived here this time.

Neo got me good, that injury is going to hurt like hell when I wake up. But the physical was nothing, Ruby's scream haunted me more than they ever could. Her voice, so hopeless and fearful. It reminded me of someone.

Sasuke.

That was how he had sounded upon discovering the bodies of our parents, I could still remember the look on his face. One of utter confusion and terror, slowly transitioning to pure rage as he comprehended the scene in front of him.

'I never thought I would hear such a scream for me.'

I floated in the void for a bit longer, with nothing else better to do, I could plan out what I would do when I awoke.

'I'm sure I was taken to a hospital somewhere in Vale. But that won't last, when I awake I'm going right back to Beacon. I won't leave my team alone for that long. Plus, I can heal my injuries decently enough with my Chakra. Forcing more of it onto each wound will make them heal faster. That along with the incredible medical technologies that Remnant has to offer, so I should be able to leave soon enough. I'll need to take it easy though.'

With a plan in mind, I felt my mind drift to what had happened twice before in this place. I wonder when Sasuke will arrive, if at all.

But suddenly, I feel a presence behind me. I could feel their eyes burn into the back of my head. I slowly turned to meet it, ready to face Sasuke once again. But I was quite shocked at what I saw.

Or rather, who I saw.

Standing before me, in all of his glory: Was Shisui.

My mind went blank as I processed what I was seeing. He was wearing the same attire he had on when he had died, but the were covered in rips and tears. Blood was smeared all across his chest and arms, and dried dirt and blood matted his short, black locks. His face only had one change from the last time I had saw him. His eyes were still missing, streaks of scarlet tears ran from his empty eye sockets. But what made me begin to shake was his facial expression. Gone was the soft smile he had worn while he had embraced death. Now all that greeted me was a cold, hard frown.

"You're my best friend, the only one I can ask of this." Shisui's voice rang in my ears as he looked at me with his eyeless gaze.

I said nothing, still in shock over what was about to happen. My mind screamed out to do something, but I couldn't move.

"Please protect the village, and the Uchiha's name."

He placed into my open palm his bloodied left eye, I could numbly feel the blood drip between my fingers. No...please...

Don't.

DON'T

DON'T LEAVE ME SHISUI!!!

"Just remember: I believe in you, Itachi. Farewell, friend." Shisui said his final goodbye, and with that, be backed up one, last step, his body plunging into the icy river below. I broke free of my mental shackles, rushing towards his falling body.

"Shisui!!!!"

I reached out for his collar, my bloody fingers inches from his body, but alas, it was too late. I could do nothing but watch, as my best and only friend plummeted to his death, his life ending with the sickening splash of his frech corpse crashing into the raging river.