Impact

Pain.

Immense Pain.

That was the first thing Itachi registered as his mind as he regained consciousness. His left eye opened to take in his surroundings, his right still forced shut by the pain of using Amaterasu. He was surrounded by twisted metal and raging fire, along with shards of melting ice. They weren't in the subway anymore, if the setting sun in the sky was any indication. His chest seized up in agony, and he tried to figure out the cause of it, but the white-hot burning in his chest only increased in intensity as he struggled.

His body then convulsed, forcing him to cough out blood. But his whole body felt heavy, and the red liquid escaped his lips in an almost hose-like fashion. It was then that Itachi realized the source of his pain.

'I'm drowning in my own blood.'

He immediately flipped himself over, forcing chakra into his lungs and throat as he heaved. Over a full cup of blood erupted from his lips, sharp coughs making him grunt in pain. He felt his lungs empty of blood, allowing him to regain the slightest bit of safety.

'Damn it, how long was I out? Where are the others?' Itachi panicked, pulling himself up from the ground and surveying the area. He couldn't make out much, mostly just vague hunks of flaming train and broken rock. He eyed a peculiar looking metal shard on the ground, before growing when he realized what it was.

'I didn't think my vision would degrade this much...'

Itachi sighed as he picked up Protector, sheathing it he began to stumble through the wreckage. He could hear the murmurs of people a few hundred feet away, having watched the decades old barricades suddenly explode.

'Where...are...they...' He almost collapsed as another coughing it hit him, but the sporadic movements of his body allowed him to make out a white blob a few dozen feet away.

Relief flooded his body, followed by concern as he stumbled forward, almost falling on top of Weiss who groaned in both annoyance and pain. The heiress head was dripping in blood, numerous deep gashes on her face. Itachi winced in guilt, helping his girlfriend up as gently as he could.

"Weiss, are you okay- I'm sorry I couldn't-" Weiss silenced him with a clumsy kiss on the lips, her body almost collapsing into his own. He could feel her body heat, which felt akin to the sun as she pulled back, a thin train of saliva and blood connecting their lips. She stared at him in adoration, admiring his shirtless chest for a moment before responding.

"S-shut up, you did...the best you could...Where are the others?" Itachi shook his head, fear welling up inside of him as he turned to look around. He couldn't locate anyone, not Blake, not Yang, not even Ruby.

"Itachi?! Is that you?" Itachi sighed in relief as he turned around, eyes spotting a shaky black figure that was stumbling towards him. It took him a few seconds to make out her face, amber eyes and cat ears making him smile.

"Blake, are you okay?" Itachi asked, breathing heavily as he took a step forward. Blake nodded, and action he could only barley identify at this distance.

"I'm alright, so is Yang. But Ruby...she...she's unconscious." Itachi's eye widened as he felt his whole body convulse in fear, his skin paled as he began to run towards Blake, who only shook her head and sent him a look of concern.

"I've already looked over her, there are no external or internal wounds. It's just the impact that knocked her out." Blake explained, and though Itachi still couldn't help but worry, he calmed himself down as he looked at Blake.

"I see. Thank you, Blake. Where are they now?" He asked, still clutching at his eye. Blake smiled in as if to say "your welcome" and gestured over to the side of the wreckage.