iii

(WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I woke up to Khalil gone. I think he fell asleep with me last night, but maybe it was all just a dream.

I took a quick shower and changed my clothes. I was wearing light ripped jeans, a white sports bra, a jean jacket and black combat boots.

I threw on quick waterproof makeup and put my jewelry on. My phone started to go off. It was from Khalil. My heart skipped a beat.

I answered the call.
"Hello?"
"Lily... I.. I can't do this."
"What? You can't do what?"

I started to worry. Who knows what he's talking about.

"Just hear me out. I can't do us. I'm nowhere close to a relationship and I can't settle down yet. I do love you, I just can't start something right now." he said.

I couldn't believe what I was being told. It hadn't even been one day. Tears cascaded down my cheeks. Thank god for waterproof makeup.

"You found someone better.. didn't you." I say, trying to stay strong.

He didn't even sound sad.

"I'm sorry."

I stayed quiet. "Goodbye." I say, ending the call. I grabbed my phone and headed to the main staircase leading downstairs.

I heard yelling. It sounded like Justin and someone I can't make out.

"I CAN'T FUCKING HELP IT, JUSTIN."
"You know what, fuck it. I'M NEVER COMING BACK TO NEW YORK EVER AGAIN. I'M LEAVING, FOR GOOD." Justin yelled.

Scooter left the house after Justin said that. Something happened between them.

My heart broke even more. First Khalil was gone, now Justin? I can't do this. I stood frozen at the top of the stairs.

"J-Justin?" I stuttered, trying to hold back the tears which just made them fall even more.

"Lily? What happened to you?!" He started to run up the stairs towards me.
"H-him."

He opened his arms for me, and I instantly fell into them. I sobbed into his chest, soaking his black shirt with tears.
"It's okay.. everything's gonna be alright."

"D-Don't leave me, J-Juju. I-I need you."
"I'm sorry, Lily."
"No, it's not fair! Stop it, Justin! You've always been my partner. I can't let you just leave for no reason!" I yell.

"I have problems to deal with, Lily. I can't be with you every second." He raised his voice.
"I do, too. You don't see me running away from it all, do you? You didn't see me running away when you needed me the most!" I get louder.

"Too bad. Too fucking bad." He said, then walked out of the doors.

I have never hurt this bad. What if the paparazzi finds out? What's going to happen to our reputations?

I dropped to the floor, holding my head. My breath started to quicken faster than usual.

My chest rose and fell rapidly. I couldn't breathe. What's happening to me? I tried to scream but I don't know if anyone heard me.

It wouldn't matter, because I tried one more time and my vision went black.

Justin's POV
Shit.. I forgot my phone. I wasn't serious about leaving NYC, but Scooter was really making me mad. Who is he to tell me I can't go in public with her?

She's my best friend. I'd do anything for her, or with her. I'm supposed to keep her safe. Scooter was down right crazy. In my opinion, at least.

I walked back up to our doors, kicking rocks as I go. I didn't know what to say to her. Do I tell her I've been secretly avoiding our plans because of this sudden event? Just.. ugh. So confusing.