vii

Just keep swimming..

Justin's POV
Saying I fucked up was definitely an understatement. I just slapped my best friend. My possible lov- Nevermind.

She drove so fast. It scared me.. We ran as fast as we could after her, but it was too fast. Too fast.

"Get in the cars. Now. Everyone needs to hurry, she could've gotten into an accident going that fast." I scream out, running now towards my car.

Starting up the engine, I back out of the garage and through the gates, driving straight.

I didn't have a specific destination. I was just looking for signs. Where could she have possibly been heading to?

I drove about 5 minutes later, until I arrived at a scene. Deadly at that.

One car was on the road, turned opposite of its normal direction. The driver didn't seem harmed but was screaming down at the trees.

"CALL AN AMBULANCE! PLEASE!" They exclaimed, starting to climb down to the water.

The boys eventually pulled up just as I got out to see what was happening. Someone must've got hurt.

We all decided to get down to the oh so familiar car in the water. My heart stopped dead. My eyes started to burn from tears.

That exact car sticking out from the water was the car I bought Lily for her 18th birthday.

"Fuck.." Ryan whispered, looking over at me.

I wasn't moving. I couldn't. I shouldn't even be here. It's not even like she cares for me anyway. She hates me, for gods sake!

With that, I turned around and walked to my car. A dumbass I was, because I immediately ran towards her car and tried to pry the door open.

It would've worked if there wasn't a tree branch stuck in her driver's window. Wait, what? WHAT?!

I swam to the passenger, opening the door and attempting to grab her. I couldn't breathe. I needed air. I can't hold my breath anymore.

In a brief action, I swam to the surface for air and back down to get her. Chaz swam down with me and helped get the branch away from her, setting her head free from its grasp.

I was able to grab her and swim to the top by the time I needed breath. I lay her down, pumping her stomach to release water.

It didn't work, so I repeatedly stuck my finger down her throat to gag her. After a few tries, she jolted up, releasing the built up water in her lungs.

After about thirty seconds of miserableness, she screamed in pain. It completely scared me as I realized I was pushing on her glass-filled side.

She was a mess. Blood was all over her. Her head was gushing blood, glass was stuck randomly in her, and she looked exhausted. Through it all, I could still see her beauty.

As she lay back down, I carefully lifted her shirt.

"I'm about to remove some glass. Don't move, okay?" I say, softly.
"Okay." She replies, whimpering and groaning in pain.

Carefully, I remove every piece of glass. There were no small pieces, so everything was surely out.

I had Za bring me bandaids from my car. I put them on her, then carried her to my car, setting her down softly in the back seat with Ryan.

We drove to the hospital, quiet and careful, until I broke the silence.

"You're going to need a new phone and maybe some new chips. I see you tend to have a bag in your car."

She let out a soft chuckle.
"Yeah. Always. Can't do any harm, you know?"

It was my turn to laugh, so I did. She was so jolly at the craziest times. Her mood was very contagious.

We arrived to the hospital with the paparazzi going crazy.

"What happened?"
"Justin! Over here!"
"Justin, are you two dating?"

We ignored their comments, and continued to walk to the hospital doors. Eventually, she got rolled back to a room.

* 3 Hours Later *

"Hello, are you here for Lily?" Dr. Leah said.
"Yes, ma'am."
"We checked up on her, and nothing was too major. She has a broken leg, a gash on her head, and a few bruises and cuts. She has some bad asthma, too. She really is lucky. This is very minor, so she can go home. You can go help her, room 305." she said, smiling.

I couldn't help but admire that smile. It was very flattering. A type of smile that could light up my life. She was beautiful.

"Thank you" I say, sneaking her a piece of paper with my name and number. I winked before walking off to Lily's room.

As I walked in, I realized what I had just done. How could I possibly be so desperate and start hitting on a doctor? She's probably married!

Oh god. I hope not.

"Justin! I missed you soooo much. To a million." Lily slurred, still high on the sleepy drugs they gave her.
"Right, let's get you home."

( HOME )

During the whole drive, Lily cried about how she missed a bird that flew away. We were now in the living room with all the boys. What she said shocked me.

Lily's POV
"You liked her." I say, seriously, looking at Justin.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He replied.

"The fucking doctor, Justin. What do you think." I say, getting angrier.

"And? Yeah, I gave her my number. We aren't shit but best friends, nothing more."

I stayed quiet, then grabbed my crutches and walked to the kitchen.

"NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU DIDN'T RANDOMLY SLAP ME" I screamed to the boys.

"Fuck you. You're so annoying, get the fuck out if you don't want to deal with me. Don't smart off to the boys, then." Justin laughed.

I'm done. Fine.

I went to my room, and packed my stuff. I came back downstairs and walked to the door.

"If you need me, I'm going to Tyler's."

Tyler Posey. My abusive ex boyfriend. I didn't care anymore. I knew Justin was about to snap. He knew what Tyler did to me.

I was wrong.
"Cool. Go then. Goodbye." he replied.

Tears filled my eyes as I walked out the door, slamming it, then running to my car and driving to Tyler's.

A/N
SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED! I'VE GOT A LOT GOING ON BUT I LOVE YOU ALL.
P.S: PLEASE CHECK OUT '2613 [n.g]', MY NEW BOOK.