xv

[ song of chapter;
"I'll Make Love To You - Boyz II Men" ]
*~*~*~*~
Lily's POV

[ 1 MONTH LATER ]
I walked to my closet, throwing on a simple outfit. I chose a black bralette, a black mush shirt, and high waisted shorts. I threw on my black Converse to top it off.

I left towards the living room since I heard a commotion. As I reached the last step, I didn't see anyone.

I continued to the kitchen, my hair flowing as I walk. I stopped almost immediately. Well, there we go.

My heart begins to race and my mind asks me if this really is true? Is this happening right now?

On the counter is a note, surrounded with red candles and rose pedals. There's also a single strawberry, dipped in chocolate.

I look at the note, and it read:
"go ahead and eat the strawberry. it makes up for the one you dropped that one day. afterwards, follow the rose pedals for your next note. -J"

I was awed at his adorable, slightly sloppy handwriting. I pick up the strawberry and start to eat it.

I follow the pedals, eventually leading me to the game room. Peaking inside, I see a small vine of grapes, and the same set up as earlier, sitting on the pool table.

I walk over, reading the note.

"i'm leaving fruit to make up for missing your breakfast. hehe. continue to follow the pedals, my love. a huge secret will await you at your final stop. -J"

I continued following the pedals, stopping at every note, and eating the fruits. What's this huge surprise?

Justin's POV
Everything was perfect. I was going to engage to my beautiful girlfriend. The girl I truly want to spend my future with.

We've been going good for this last month. I was wrong about her hurting me. We've gotten so much closer, it's crazy.

We've shown each other how much love we have, and today couldn't have been a better day to propose.

I'm very nervous. I don't know what to expect but I'm hoping for the best.

I'm currently sitting on the performing stage, blocking everyone out. It was quiet, very quiet.

The performing stage was in our movie room. She was in the house so it was completely silent, except for a few whispers here and there.

The ring sat still in my pocket. I was going to sing "I'll Make Love To You" by Boyz II Men.

It was a beautiful ring. She'd love it. I knew she would, because Ryan and her were at the ring-fitting store for friendship rings.

He took note of every ring she pointed out. I told her I was going to hang with friends, but I was going to buy the ring.

It was pricey, which was pretty right. I had it made with real diamonds, and silver.

My thoughts were torn as I heard an angelic voice singing with small footsteps following behind.

Everyone got into place. I ran to the microphone, letting out a shaky sigh. If I fuck this up.. I fuck up my whole future.

*
Lily's POV
I made it to my last note. I was beyond excited, as well as full. I picked up the note and read it.

"here is the last note for my beautiful little lady. your surprise awaits you in a place of performing. i love you. -J"

My eyes watered at the beautiful flowers beside the note. I picked them up, and ran to the first thought in mind; the movie room.