Monkey Boy 🐒

🌹🌼🌹🌼

🌹🌼🌹🌼

A deafening silence surround us as we sit at the far corner of the town library, him starring nervously down at the graffiti-carved table and me starring intensely at his quivering profile. I am confused, shocked and so angry.

After bearly escaping those dangerous men, I tried going directly to the police station to report the fucked up catastrophe that took place moments ago, but no, he refused to go. Hysterically screaming and crying for me to turn the car around when I was just pulling into the front gate of the station. Long story short when I refused he threatened to throw himself out of the car, and now here we are at the freaking library. No way in hell am I going back to my place that's directly above Mr.Chan's shop, what if they followed us. Can't risk the old man's life.

"What's your reason for not going to the police, huh.?" I asked through gritted teeth, just looking at this little fucker makes my blood boil.

His eyes flicker to mine for a while before turning downwards again. Probably saw the anger swirling in them.

"We. . .we just can't. You don't know those men like I do. Believe me, the cops will be of no help, in fact, they would hand me straight towards them." He spoke up.

I scoff." Why the fuck would they do that, who are those guys?!" I ask raising my voice a little, making him flinch in his seat.

"I. I don't -" he stutters.

"And do not fucking lie to me, or I swear on my mama I'm going to punch you in your motherfucking throat." I'm fuming, clenching my fist he stares at them for a moment, gulping.

"I can't tell you. . . they, they-"

Scooting my seat backward making an aggravating screech noise on the tiled floors. I stand up and stride towards him, spinning his chair to face me, trapping his trembling body between my arms as I place them on both sides of the table. He gasps at my close proximity. His rosy-colored cheeks turned even redder as I stare directly into his eyes glittered with purple dust of eyeshadow and false lashes.

I set my jaw in a firm line." I'm gonna give you a countdown till three, then you better talk or else. . ." I said in a low voice

His pupils expand and the tip of his ears turns red.

"I. I can't -"

"One. . ."

"W-wait, you shouldn't -"

"Two. . ."

His breathing quickens as he realizes, that he's running out of time and my face twists into a nasty scowl.

"Three-"

"The mafia, it's because they're from the mafia!!" He shrieks with his eyes closed. My eyes widen and I stagger back almost tripping and falling on my ass as he uttered those words.

Is he for real? No, no he has to be lying, right? But the guns, the tattoos, the cars the. . .

"You're bullshitting me," I stated, the thought still not establishing correctly in my head. How in the ever-loving fuck can this-. I mean it's been shown on the news that they have been discovered in Port Elizabeth for a while when I was busy waiting tables in the bakery and heard it over the radio, but I never thought so much of it and continued with my day.

"I'm not, I swear." He quakes out.

"Why do they wanna kill you?." I ask curiosity clawing at me. What would such a frail-looking boy do to them? He doesn't even look like he could hurt a fly.

"Why would they wanna kill us?
Well-"

Wait a damn minute. . . us?!

My eyes widen."Woah Woah Woah. What do you mean, us?!" I shriek out loudly, earning a hush from the library lady. I shoot him a glare.

"I mean they, they already saw your face and. . . and that you helped me, making you their next target as well." He mutters out quietly.

I'm fuming."So you came to me knowing that you're on their wanted list, but still risked putting my life in danger?!!!"

His eyes widen."No, no that's not it. I didn't expect them to be there at that moment. I really wasn't trying to-"

"Shut up, just, shut up!" I shout, starting to stomp towards the entrance, wanting to forget this fucked situation.

He instantly leaps from his seat running after me barefoot."Wait! take me, please take me with you!"

"No!, get the fuck away from me. You're the one who brought me into your mess in the first place!."

He whimpers. "Don't do this please, please don't leave me here!" He sobs sinking to his knees in front of me, the action startling. "Don't abandon me, like they did, mam. I. . . I don't have anywhere to go. I don't know anyone here besides you." He cries, wrapping his frail arms around my waist and digging his face into my stomach, I can feel the wetness of his tears soaking my knitted jersey. His muffled sobs drift through the quiet library making everyone stare at us weirdly. I attempt to pry off his arms but he held on even tighter, squishing my internal organs in the process.

After a few seconds of continuous struggling, I finally give up and start to limp towards the exit, with him still clinging onto me like a baby monkey.

Fucking hell.

~•~

And just like that-
I fell in love
Like a star
Who felt the magic of the moon
For the first time

-V.W

🌹🌼🌹🌼