2022 Author's Update

Hello, my loves! It has been quite a while since we've last spoken and I hope that you all are doing well. 2016 was the last year I had time to completely focus on writing and that is when I showed Heartbreak Hotline to the world. It is a work I'm very proud of and am especially proud to see people enjoying it nearly six years later. When putting it into perspective, I can't help but feel blessed that people are still reading and connecting with the characters. I feel the exact same way when I see people still reading The Lost Boy Series. I am beyond grateful for all your love and support because, well, six years...that's a long time.

And within those six years I have accomplished many personal goals and have set myself up to be what society considers a 'successful, well-rounded adult'. To be quite honest, I still feel I'm still molding myself to become my own version of both 'happy' and 'successful', but now I speak with more wisdom. So I come to you today to make you aware that though it has been a very long time since I have focused on writing, I hope you all would be kind enough to let me back into your worlds and new characters into your hearts. I have had stories in my head for years that I am just now getting to develop and plan. Though it may be a while before you all see it on your mobile devices, e-readers, and paper copies (a girl can dream), I anticipate this full-length novel to take me back to the universe that I first created: Broken.

Yes, I am anticipating to dive back into the fantasy, sci-fi-type of novel and am SOOOOOO excited. Now please be aware that when I say Broken, it's not exactly a rewrite. It won't have the same characters or the same story but be a whole new spin-off related to the same universe. I hope that one day these spin-offs lead back to a Broken rewrite, but as of now that is not my focus. Along with prioritizing new projects, this also means there will be updates to my current, unfinished works. As of today the following works have been unpublished.

Our Beating Hearts

Texts from Thomas

Heartfelt Midnights

Our Beating Hearts only had a few chapters left so perhaps you may see it again sometime in the future. Texts from Thomas was a dialogue story that is actually completed and still available on Tap from Wattpad. Heartfelt Midnights may be the one that hurts the most to unpublish just because I really wanted to see and explore the relationship as the characters got older. However, I believe that for now, Heartbreak Hotline is standing on its own two feet just fine. Only time will tell if and how a sequel will be told.

And with that, I wish you all a very prosperous, healthy and happy 2022! And also, if you wanna connect with me in the meantime, feel free to give me a follow at the social media pages below!

Instagram: @jaythenovelist

Twitter: @jaythenovelist

As always, I am so grateful and blessed to have you all in my life. Thank you for everything.

-Jay