30 || ❝daddy issues.❞

❝London? You realize it's past midnight, right? Why is it that the only time my hotline blings is after midnight? You do realize what kind of impression that gives, right?❞

London? You realize it's past midnight, right? Why is it that the only time my hotline blings is after midnight? You do realize what kind of impression that gives, right?

I honestly was falling asleep but then I thought I would check up on you. 

Is this because of earlier? Look, I'm terribly sorry. I don't even know why I decided to tell you that. I'm really ashamed of myself if I'm being quite honest.

It kinda caught me off guard, but I get it.

Look, I'm sorry. I had a rough morning and this one guy on the line just kind of reminded me of my dad. I guess it just sat in the back of my mind all morning. And now looking back, that was a terrible introduction of myself and I apologize. That was totally stupid to spill that to you. That was a really dumb and awkward choice for a conversation starter and I'm just really, really sorry, London. I'm really, really sorry dude. Really bad first impression. 

It did make things a bit more...open and honest to say the least.

Sorry.

But I'm happy you got it off your chest.

Being honest, I am too. It's been bothering me lately. I just wish these thoughts about him would go away so I can go on with my life.

But why are you letting him stop you? You're allowed to have a life, Soph.

I know...you're right. But besides the point that I have unsolvable daddy issues, thanks for taking the time to check up on me. The thought is much appreciated.

Hah, you're welcome.

Matter of fact, you were just on my mind.

Oh, really?

Yup. Just wanted to let you know that those kisses left a good impression on me, so the girl you actually want to share them with will most likely be under your spell.

Are you insinuating that you are too?

That came out wrong, sorry. I'm half asleep and not thinking straight.

I bet...hey, I forgot to mention something earlier...something that's been bothering me.

What is it?

I saw Annabella at the park before I met up with you.

Okay, and?

I told her.

A-about Delilah?

Yeah. And she got really upset with me. Sophie, I think she likes me.

...

Sophi-

I'm still here. Just...didn't expect that one. Talk about a plot twist.

I'm just worried. What if she-

Well, you don't like her right?

Well...I never actually thought about it before...

...

Me and Annabella? I mean she's sweet, so sweet. And she has the most adorable laugh and dazzling eyes...but I just never gave it much thought to the fact that...that Annabella could actually like me.

Well then, sounds like you have options. Choose wisely.

I'm just gonna sleep on it. See how I feel in the morning. I'm just not ready to face her after that. I really broke her heart. She was crying on the park bench.

London, if you felt bad for everyone that cried over you, you'd be in a really bad position. And she might be a sweet girl, but until your heart decides what it really wants that's all she'll ever be.

I guess you're right. But on another note, I'm glad to see you're doing okay. It was nice meeting you. Maybe we can hang out again some other time.

I'll make sure not to have another awkward conversation starter, haha.

Well goodnight...babe.

Later, daddy.

*smirks and chuckles as he hangs up*

*sniffles, as she realizes she'll never win his heart*

© Lightning_Stryker 2020