07 || ❝grow a pair!❞

❝Welcome to the Heartbreak Hotline

Welcome to the Heartbreak Hotline. This is Representative 103. How may I assist you today?

Guess what 103?!

Oh, it's just you.

Yeah, but guess what?!

What?

I finally made eye contact with Delilah today! And she actually looked back!

...

What? Why the awkward silence?

Of all things, you're excited because you looked at her and she probably caught you?

Is it bad if that's the case?

Oh dear boy, you have a lot to learn.

Well then maybe you can teach me something today? Well, that is if you don't hang up on me.

Oh, you mean like how you hung up on me for your mom?

Hey, I couldn't help that! Dinner was ready...

How old are you again?

Eighteen.

Well dude! Grow a pair and start acting like it! Girls like guys who take charge, so maybe just go up and talk to her. Does she know who you even are?

Probably not...no one ever seems to know.

See? That's the problem.

What is?

Your mentality. You're basically setting yourself up for failure already. You already think that people think you're invisible, but how do you even know that?

Because that's all I ever really heard people say about me...

But...but why would they say something like that to you?

Well it's obvious that guys like me never really get the attention from the popular crowd. Around school, I'm only seen as the smart kid who blends into the background and no one wants to hang around the boring, smart guy. Especially the girls. I never seem to turn their heads unless they need help with a math problem.

That sounds awfully one sided to me. That's so messed up.

It's best I just face the fact that no girl wants a guy who's heads are in the books more than his body is in the gym. The only girl I ever asked out laughed so hard that her gum nearly fell out of her mouth. Stuff like that just sticks with you, ya know?

But that's just minor rejection. At least they didn't post your picture all over the internet and shame you.

Wait, you've had that done to you before?!

No, but I've had a few clients who have and it isn't pretty.

That sucks.

It really does. And sometimes those things can put permanent damage to your reputation. Now I'm not saying that your circumstance is acceptable behavior, but it's definitely something you can look past if you wanted. Let it build you up, don't give those memories the power to break you down. Then is when you really lose the battle.

You know, you're right.

I always am! Glad to help though!

Wow...you have a big ego, don't you?

How did you notice, hehe?

Lucky guess.

©Lightning_Stryker 2020