35 || ❝can you promise me that?❞

❝A-are you crying?❞

A-are you crying?

Y-y- yes.

I thought you said you liked me. Did I-

I do!

Like...you like like me?

Of course I do, you big dork! These are happy tears!

*sniffles*

So...I like you too. Like, a lot.

Thank God! Your heart wasn't the only one feeling lonely, just saying. And when I first saw you, my heart did this little happy dance inside my chest because it thought it might've found it's missing piece...but, um...yeah.

*laughs*

Gaaaaah, not the laugh! It's so cute!

!!!

Too soon?

*chuckles*

Nope, just guess I'll have to get used to it. But in all reality, I'm really glad I found you Sophie Price.

I've been here all along, silly boy.

Good. Because I don't plan on letting you run away.

*giggles*

So...you're not mad?

That you fell for me instead? Why would I be?

Because the girl I was looking for was right here all along, and I was just too blind to see it.

Nah, your glasses just needed a bit of adjustment. All better now.

So, Sophie...do you maybe want to hang out this weekend?

Only if...

Only if what?

You promise me something.

I'm listening.

I've been hurt in the past by men who have always promised they'd be there for me. So no, I'm not asking for you to stay here forever. But if you ever want to take a chance on this- on us- I need you to hear me out.

Okay.

I just want to let you know that if something does blossom between us and you ever feel like you want to leave, just know I won't stop you. I won't chase someone who doesn't want to stay. But please London, please just promise me this.

What?

That whatever element you decide to add to my life, give it your fullest. Love your hardest, laugh in the most joyful way, cry your entire soul out. Just be yourself and just live. All I want to do is make this chapter of my life the most beautiful, unforgettable story to ever be written.

But I'm no James.

And I'm far from a beautiful, blossoming Delilah. But I can be yours, truly and completely. Just promise me, you'll add the most amazing element to my story: Adventure. Because what is a good story without a little adventure? Can you promise me that, Londie?

I promise.

THE END

...of just the beginning

© Lightning_Stryker 2020