Dad

"Kris! Kris! Where are you?"

Who is that? Calling me by my name?

I get out of bed and walk to the stairs. Who is saying my name?

"Kris! We are going to be late for the movie!"

This voice sounded calming, deep, safe. Almost like I knew the voice though I had never heard this voice in my life.

I get down the stairs and see a tall handsome man. He was tan like Hispanic, black undercut, and had a very faint beard. He was wearing a grey T-shirt that said "Never give up" with darker grey shorts. He also had a tattoo coving half his right arm that looks like a video game character? Wait, it's Tina from borderlands! she's my favorite character! And at the top says my name... Who is this person? And how does he know me?

The man sees me and his face turns into a big smile "There is my beautiful girl! How did I raise such a beautiful daughter?"

What... the... fuck... HE'S MY DAD!?

I feel my eyes beginning to tear up as I run to hug who is my dad "Dad! Where have you been for the past 17 years?"

He looks at me puzzled "I've been here with you." I then noticed mom. But something was different.. She looked clean. Like she has never even touched alcohol in her life. Her skin was clear as the day her faint pink lipstick was fresh with a little gloss to make them shiny. She looked so young and beautiful. She looked like me..

I look back at dad with confusion tears still coming down my face. I try wiping them off just to have more come down "You were just gone.. H..How?"

Mom grabs the doorknob "I don't know what is going on with you Kris but we have to be on time for the movie, let's go." As she opens the door everything goes bright and my vision is blurred.

BEEP BEEP

I open my eyes and turn my head to my clock "6:40am". I turn my head back towards the ceiling. Dad? Why was that man in my dream? I've never even met my dad and my mom was nice to me? I don't even remember the last time she even said y name. But most importantly, I was loved and safe. I haven't felt that in a long time. It felt so real. I wipe the tear off my eye and get up.

Today I decide to wear a tank top that says "That's America's ass" with navy blue shorts. I put my hair in another messy bun. If you couldn't tell I don't care about how I look.

I head downstairs and grab a breakfast bar and run out of the house before my mom yelled at me for being up so early.

I get to school early and decide to finish some homework in the library.

"Why are in the library so early nerd" a random kid comes up to me

I don't even bother to look up and respond "Your one to talk, your here too."

"Whatever" the kid walks away. Why do people even bother?

I hear the bell ring. Shit it's already tule for class? I grab my stuff and start walking to class.

Walking to class I see a bunch of random kids. To my left there were geeks talking about what? No clue.

To my right were jocks with their girlfriends laughing about something and the girls trying to look hot but to be honest whenever they do the finger on their mouth thing it just looks like they eat they finger. I don't get it

I get to class and sit in the back. The less communication with anyone the better.

Class goes by slowly and the whole time I look out the window remembering my dream. Who was that man? Do I really have a dad? Does he also hate me?

RING

I flinch. Class is over finally time for lunch.

I go get food in the cafeteria and find a table the was empty. I set my food and start eating

"What are you eating fatass?"

I look up and see one of those annoying popular girls standing in front of me with her arms crossed and a sly smile across her face. She has way too much make up on for a highschooler

I respond "Leave me alone"

"Aww is the drunk mommy's girl gonna cry?" She says as she pouts

"No but I am hungry so fuck off." I retort

Before leave the girl leaning forward, way too close for comfort and threatens "Talk to me like that again and I'll make sure you can't talk at all" and leaves

I continue eating my lunch

———————-

School has finished. I go home and surprise surprise no one's home

I walk in my room, throw the bag to the ground and plop on my bed. Why does everyone hate me? What is my purpose here? I don't understand

To get my mind out of everything I take off my cloths and put on a big T and shorts and crawl into bed. Slowly drifting to sleep.