Chapter 2: Where were you?!?!

Here I am.

In front of the door

Trying to raise my finger.

Quite a hard struggle.

Why was it hard? It should've been easy yet why? Why does my hand feel heavy?

In swift motion, I unconsciously moved, my hands moved, my fingers moved, a simple motion.

A button was pressed.

I did it, I rang.

Now what?

My mind instantly went into warfare.

(What should I do next? What should I say? Should I say "I'm back"? No, that's too cliché)

An extra pile of questions arrived.

(What if no one's at home? What if no one answers? Do I stay at a hotel? Should I try something else? Should I run out of here?)

My panicking made a halt when I heard a shout.

"Coming!"

Footsteps.

I hear footsteps, someone's at home.

No, more importantly, that voice.

I remember that voice, as clear as day.

Too late now, just steel yourself.

The door opens.

Someone calls.

"Yes, what is it?"

It was her.

My beloved little sister.

"Komachi"

In that instant.

Never have I ever seen my little sister make such a shocked face before.

And as the shocked silence continued, the sound of something dropping came, and as I look below, I see, she dropped her phone, probably with someone on the phone.

More silence came.

Until...

"Onii-channnnnnn!!!!!!!!"

She opens her arms in an embrace.

This time, she came with the biggest hug she'd have ever given me.

Opening her mouth.

"UWAAAH!!! ONII-CHAN!! WHERE WERE YOU!?! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!"

She was literally crying, what a cry-baby.

She was weeping buckets.

"Ok ok, calm down, I'm not dead"

"Is that really you Onii-chan?"

"Yeah, it's me, I'm not a clone nor am I a doppelgänger, I'm your real Onii-chan"

"Really? Tell me something only the real Onii-chan knows"

You asked for it.

"When you were young, you were really scared of lightning, that's why you always clung to me whenever you were scared, and as your strong Onii-chan, I would always tell you "It's going to be okay, Onii-chan's here" oh, that got me lots of Hachiman points"

"Okay! that's enough! That's too embarrassing! Okay! You're right! You are Onii-chan!"

"Of course I am"

"It's also creepy that you remember that, but since I am your cute and merciful little sister, I'll let you off the hook, oooohh, that got me lots of Komachi points!!"