Chapter 18: Sugar, spice, is there any nice?

.

.

.

Before I could finish, the doorbell rang. My voice halted as I was interrupted by the noise.

Both of us turned our heads towards the direction of the noise. The door to the house wasn't visible in our position, but, the sound caused us to react and it attracted our attention.

*Ring*

It rang again, and another time, perhaps the person outside couldn't wait.

*Sigh*

"Coming!"

Again, it happened. Any more than that and my hair would've fallen out. Still, feeling the weight of a car attached to me, I went to the door and opened it. When I did, I was met with a mischievous sounding call.

"Oh if it isn't Senpai~ What brings you here?"

Lo and behold, with merely her voice echoing in my ears, my eyes squinted as though I was looking at something pesky. My lips lowered with the creation of an arch. I thought my soul was being sucked out.

I rolled my eyes away from her and almost immediately lost an egregious amount of energy. I didn't want to deal with this.

*Sigh*

Another sigh escaped, one of the many today. I wondered if that was the final one, but a premonition came to mind suggesting that, as unlikely.

"Hey! What's with that face?! Senpai!"

She clearly seemed insulted, showing a pout. It appeared she might've started stomping the ground as she stared me down.

"Nothing"

Nonchalantly, I replied. Dealing with her; I sure didn't feel like doing it. I could already imagine the mountain of things that she'd ask me, or make me do.

(Oh no, my precious afternoon...I might actually cry)

Putting that despair aside, I took a peek at her.

(What should I do? I could make her leave...but then again...it's her after all)

*Sigh*

"Anyway, come in"

I turned back and slowly returned to the living room, my footsteps started to resemble my footsteps from earlier this morning. My eyes were half-closed by now. I felt like I couldn't keep them wide open anymore. I even hunched my back slightly, it'd been a while since I did that.

"Sorry for the intrusion~"

The same case happened. As soon as she heard that, she entered and removed her shoes so casually.

(They...just how many times have they done that here?)

(I'm starting to dread a lot of things, I'm sure Komachi left some parts out, maybe she didn't want to tell me everything....or she probably just forgot. I'll only hope that it doesn't escalate from here. It's my home, my castle!)

I let out another sigh and halted that thought. When we entered, I saw Yuigahama playfully petting Kamakura.

(Oi, oi, that's...that shouldn't be possible...Kamakura wouldn't easily allow that...right?)

My thoughts stopped when Yuigahama looked at us and waved her hand.

"Oh, yahallo Iroha-chan!"

"Yahallo Yui-senpai"

(What? they're still doing that?)

The two of them then sat beside each other. Looking at them, things were definitely different from how it was in my head. I coughed to get their attention. As soon as they heard it, they turned and stared at me blankly. "What? Oh, you were here?" I got the feeling that that's what they thought. Was I a shadow?