Chapter 4: Is this really my room?

Now they've left.

With Komachi the only one here, it's just like before.

And then, Komachi briskly lifts all the tea cups away, with tray in hand, marching to the kitchen, seconds later...energy returns.

"Alright, Onii-chan!"

Looking at her I answer.

"What is it?"

"Where is it?"

"Where is what?"

She answers back with a question of her own.

"Oh c'mon, you know"

With arms stretched wide, palms open, facing me, along with a face of anticipation.

She then says:

"Don't try to hide it, hand me my gifts!"

In retaliation, I replied:

"What made you expect that I'll bring any?"

Slightly frustrated, she then remarks.

"You came from a faraway place, with lots of interesting stuff and you didn't bring anything for Komachi!? Nothing!? Not even any American sweets? Do you not love me?! Did you forget about me when you were there?!"

(Geez she might cry)

A drowsy sigh from me, let out as I reach for my suitcase.

*Bzzzt Unzips*

And so I nonchalantly grab a box from within, raising it to Komachi's level in a sense of offering.

"Here you go"

A black box, with stripes of gold layering parts of it, truly an expensive looking box.

Komachi, having taken the box from my hands, now actions to open it, to take a peek.

And so she did, not a second later, her face screamed beaming.

"Wooow! There's so many chocolates here, Ooohh! There's even some that's painted in gold!"

"That's because it is layered in gold, they call it edible gold leaves, you actually eat the gold with the chocolates"

I found it incomprehensible that people like it, even after tasting gold layered food, comparing it to its normal counterpart, I found no difference, it doesn't taste anything, and it is just for status.

(It's just for showoff, but it looks like she's happy)

"Thanks! Onii-chan!"

And swiftly she grabs her phone.

*Click*

*Click*

She takes pictures.

And finally she has a ball of chocolate in her palms, devoured in its entirety by her, screeching loudly whilst chewing.

"Eeeeeekk, these are so good!"

And I, close my suit case yet again, I stand, to exit the living room, leaving Komachi to eat by herself, and Komachi, pausing her enjoyment uttered some important information.

"Oh, Onii-chan, don't worry, we clean your room from time to time so it's not like a dusty attic"

"Ok"

I answered back.

Attempting to climb up the stairs, I halted.

Instead, I glanced at the pictures that were hung up.