Chapter 21: Just a stroll

.

.

.

[The new bill will greatly boost the economy, and handle most of the other concerns this country is facing right now, so I do believe that this is for the better.]

[Is that really so?]

[Would I lie?]

I gave the TV an ear, that said, did I actually pay it any mind? No, not really. I was too engrossed in playing, downright gluing my eyes to the pocket-sized-screen. The time hath cometh, a new Saber had been released and for that-

“Onii-chan…”

That sounded a little…grumpy? Dear little sister, how could that be? What happened? I broke into a sweat or at least what felt like one. Kamakura even stood up from my stomach and left as he felt my shivers. Seriously, what sort of sin had I committed? Did I steal? Did I kill?

“Not even an inch…you haven’t stepped outside for a week already! Get out of the house! Exercise!”

(……That’s it?)

“Oh…I do my fair share of that.”

(Just in my room. I don’t really need to jog, right? Me?)

(I validate, me.)

“Walking and standing is not enough”.

Oh, her adorable pout, her hands rested on her waist side. How I wished for someone to make a painting of such eye candy. Though, if someone tried and ogled a bit too much, then they’d receive a good old socking.

“‘We only move when we need to’ Komachi. That’s the law of efficiency.”

(Ooooh…I should add that to the 108. I’ll stand by that, absolutely.)

“More like law of the slackers.”

(Ugh…)

When did she learn that? Seriously, I already had it coming, sure, and it was one of her charms…before.

(Now it just hurts. Where’d she get that from?)

“Komachi…I’m literally on cloud nine right now…”

“C’mon, you really need to leave.”

“That’s kinda hurting your brother…”

(Really, I can’t take this anymore. Oh no, I might cry…)

(...........)

(Sigh.)

(Was I really too much…even for her? Is this rock bottom? I get it, we’re siblings, it’s natural, it’d be instinct. But, maybe Komachi wasn’t an exception.)

“I don’t really need to go outside…do I?”

“Well-“

Before her lips could close, a ringing phone interrupted her. She pulled it from her pocket and gave it a look. Her quick typing was followed by five seconds of silence. She probably saw a reply and, in that moment, an instant chill went up my spine. For how I definitely, definitely knew what that smile meant. 

“Onii-chan, I have something I want you to buy.”

“Eh?”

“See, my friends were talking about this new book, I want to check it out, can you buy it for me?”

“Is online not an option?”

(We’re from the same generation, but you get it right? It’s easy, it’s effective. So much so that everyone’s doing it now. In this day and age, you definitely wouldn’t bother with going out anymore, so why bother me?)