18. Truth

The time we reached home , it was really late . 

I found my mother and father sitting on the sofa looking distressed . 

Looks like i troubled them a lot . 

My dad and Charlotte face lit up a bit when they saw me . They came and hugged me . Killian  let go of my hand . 

He was holding my hand all this time ?

"Leah..." My dad said . 

"We'll talk about it tomorrow. It's too late already you both should go to sleep ." Charlotte said .

I don't think anyone slept that night . 

The morning arrived .

The breakfast was filled with silence .

After the breakfast we went to the living room and sat there . Mr. Gorgeous also didn't went to school that day . 

" It happened 21 years ago ...." My dad said .

" I was in university when i met your mother . She was a really kind and cheerful . I always admired her as a person . Before i got to know we became really good friends .

 2 years later ... She started dating this boy named Noah . Noah was always a mysterious kind of person . Nobody knew from where he came or where he went . "

-Flashback-

I was really worried for your mom . So, i decided to check his records . It was then , when i found out he wasn't a student at our university . I called Ellah (Leah's mother) but she didn't picked up . 

When all the calls and messages went unanswered. I decided to visit her . 

*Knock* *knock* 

She opened the door 

"Jack?" 

Her eyes was filled with tears and it looked like she haven't slept or ate anything for days .

"What happened Ellah ? "

"N-Noah... He..... he left ." Was all she said and then cried the whole night .

Nobody heard from Noah ever since then. One month later we found out that Ellah was pregnant with Leah . 

She still wasn't over the the fact that Noah had left . 

Ellah parents were against Leah's birth . All they said was - They'll only except the child if Ellah gets married to the father of the baby or else they'll have no choice but to kill the baby . 

I knew that no matter what happens Ellah will keep the child . One day she  suddenly said that she'll take me out for dinner .

At the dinner she said - " Thank you for everything " 

I knew something was off . 

That day i couldn't get any sleep . It was 2 am and i found myself in front of her apartment . 

What the hell am i doing here i thought , that's when i saw a girl coming out of the apartment with a suitcase . 

It was Ellah . 

...

"Ellah ?" 

She was in complete shock when she saw my face . 

" W-what are you doing here Jake ? "

" And where the hell are you going in the middle of the night !!?" 

" Somewhere far ... " 

" Are you crazy Ellah ! Think about the baby . Where will you go all by yourself in this state ? " 

" Then what am i supposed to do !! I can't stay here "  her voice started to break 

" t-they'll ki-ll my ba..by ... " She was shaking . 

" We will figure something out . First let's go upstairs . It's chilling out here ." 

-Flashback ends-

"And soon after that i introduced myself as the baby's father to Ellah's parents . We got married and i became a father . I never thought that becoming a father will be stressful . But , when I held the little girl in my arms every thought changed . Time went by and that little baby girl became my whole world  " 

Dad ended the story . 

I felt like , i was supposed to say something now but, i just couldn't . 

"Leah ? " 

Silence~

"Leah are you okay ? " Charlotte said .

Silence~

(Picture source- Romance 101)

I never thought that the story behind my birth was this sad .

No, don't cry Leah ! 

"I- ... I-m .... I'MGOING TO KILL THATT MAN NOAH OR WHATEVER !!!! " 

 "Pfft"

I looked at my side and saw Mr.Gorgeous suppressing his laughter .

"Hahahhah" Dad and Charlotte started laughing . 

" Let's go out for a dinner " Charlotte said lighting up the mood . 

We started at lunch time and now it was dinner time already . 

Today's day was really something . But , i know something for sure that i love my dad the most . 

"Leah ! Hurry up ." Killian knocked on the door and said . 

"Yah , coming ! "