jang wu-jin¹

Show:
All of us are dead

Wu-jin x f!reader

Warning(s):
fluff

__________________________________

Snarls fill the night air. Desks and chairs piled up against the windows and doors as protection from the undead classmates. Surviving classmates scattered around the room as they slept. Occasional snores from Dae-su adding to the snarling and clawing of the zombies. Who would have thought that a normal day at school would end in a zombie apocalypse? [Y/N] certainly didn't. And she certainly did not expect for Wu-jin to give her his name tag that morning in class. Before she could answer, Hyeon-ju burst in and the chaos established from there onwards. Students and teachers biting and tearing each other apart and they chased the remaining humans that fought to survive. Hyosan High School has been infected by a virus and soon, the entirity of Hyosang would too.

After hours of running and finally finding Cheong-San, the students stay in the classroom as long as they can. Trying to figure out where the school kept the donated food and drinks from the PTA. Nightfall lulls the students to sleep in the midst of chaos as exhaustion and hunger takes over. [Y/N] sits with her knees to her chest as she stares off into space. Wu-jin sitting on one of the desks next to her as he struggles to sleep - hoping that his sister, Ha-ri and parents are not infected. Breaking the silence with her voice thick with worry, [Y/N] turns her head to the boy beside her.

"Hey... Do you think we'll survive this? I mean we've been starving for days now and barely had anything to drink. I don't know how much longer the adrenaline is going to push us through, Wu-jin."

Tears welled up in [Y/N]'s eyes as she looked down at her hands, biting her lip to stop the sobs. Wu-jin slides down onto the floor, gently taking one of her hands in his intertwining their fingers as he tried to ignore how soft her skin was and the bits of blood scattered on her knuckles. He grabs her chin, tilting it upwards until they made eye contact.

"Hey, don't think depressing shit right now. I know it's hard but I think- no no, I know that we're going to make it. Especially you, you're so strong and although a terrible runner-"

[Y/N] hits the side of his head as he laughs before she quietly joins him. He stops, eyes softening as he looks at the girl in front of him with a fond smile happy that he got her to laugh.

"You are resilient and one of the people I can actually see surviving a zombie apocalypse. Maybe you'll become a hambie like Nam-ra."

The tears cascade down [Y/N]'s cheeks but Wu-jin brushes them away as he stares into her [Y/E/C] eyes. For once, his rapid heartbeat was not the cause of adrenaline or fear of being zombie food. Rather because of her smile and bright eyes shining back at him, something he likes to believe is only reserved for him. His hands cup her face and his thumbs graze her cheeks as she leans in towards his touch.

The two sit in the corner of the classroom having their moment as the other students slept. She wraps her arms around his neck and hugs him tight. The fear of losing him fades as he runs his hands up and down her back, turning his head to place a kiss on her cheek before nuzzling his head into the crook of her neck.

She turns her head, lips at the shell of his ear and whispers, "I like you too Wu-jin~"

He pulls his head back in shock, almost giving himself whiplash as he stares with parted lips and wide eyes, "Really? You really do? You're serious?"

Her lips curl into a soft smile as she nods. She grabs the two pieces of fabric from her pocket, he recognizes one to be his and the other with her name on it - [L/N] [Y/N]. Grasping his, she opens his palm and places her name tag there as she averts her eyes nervously around the class. Wu-jin stares at the name tag as a wide grin forms on his face, he laughs and loudly states, "I'm the happiest man today!"

[Y/N] quickly reaches over to cover his mouth before he wakes up the other students. A grin on her face as she sees how happy he truly is because of her confession. Her childhood crush was now her boyfriend and that made this whole situation a little bit better. Hesitantly, she wraps her arms around his neck and pulls her face close, glancing from his eyes to lips then back. Wu-jin's cheeks dusted pink as he notices due to his stare on her lips. He cups her face yet again and leans in, lips brushing against one another pausing as her eyes flutter shut.

"May I?" she whispers a soft 'yes' as their lips continue to brush against one another due to the close proximity. He closes the gap and kisses the girl he's been crushing on since middle school, his girlfriend. Pulling away for a quick breath, he leans back in to give her one last passionate kiss as his lips move gently against hers. [Y/N] retreats and rests her forehead against his with a contented sigh. The two slowly drift off with small smiles on their faces, still wrapped up in each other's arms and the hope of surviving growing stronger.