yoon gwi-nam¹

show: all of us are dead

soft!gwi-nam x reader

warning(s):
fluff
slightly toxic

im so done with myself lmao.

______________________________

Y/N stared at the phone in her hand with her bottom lip between her teeth. Her fingers hovered over the keyboard as she furrowed her brows together.

How do I word this? She thought as she stared at his contact name. Yoon Gwi-Nam.

She typed out a paragraph, before erasing the entire thing. It felt too impersonal to do it over text. She needed to face him. Sucking in a deep breath, her finger hovered over the call button.

Ring...
Ring...
Ring...
Ring...

"Y/N? Why are you calling me? Are you okay?" Grunts and laughter could be heard in the background. Y/N closed her eyes and she inhaled. He was bullying someone with those assholes. He promised.

"Yah, Y/N? What's wrong?"

Swallowing, she responds in a raspy voice, "Gwi-Nam, can we meet whenever you're done with your friends?" The word friends didn't even suit the group of bullies he chose to hang around. They weren't friends, they were tyrants.

Heaving a sigh and running a hand through his mullet, he whispered before hanging up "I'll meet you at your apartment in 10 minutes okay jagi?"

She sat blinking at the wall with a blank look on her face. As usual, he showed up half an hour later. Of course he couldn't keep his promise. When does he ever?

A knock at the door brought Y/N out of her stupor. Walking to the door with determination in her steps and shaky hands, she opened the door to see the face of her boyfriend in front of her. An apologetic smile on his lips as he held two iced coffees and a pizza box in his hands. Y/N blinked at him before moving aside to let him in. He kissed her cheek as he walked in, taking off his shoes and putting on the slippers he keeps at her house.

"Ah jagi, sorry I'm late. I got caught up with guys, you know how they get. I also stopped to get some food for us and saw those little bead bracelets you're obsessed with so i got you one of th-" Y/N drowns out the rest of his explanation as she stared at him, no emotion displayed on her face. He finally turns around after taking off his jacket and putting the food on the coffee table. He notices the look on Y/N's face and his face falls. He swallow harshly as he softly speaks,

"...Y/N?"

"I can't do this anymore, Gwi-Nam. I don't want to hurt you but you hurt me so much with your broken promises and lies. I just can't."

She sits down on the couch covering her face with her hands with her head hung low. Gwi-Nam stands frozen near the couch still looking at where she previously stood, slowly processing her words. He struggles to formulate a sentence as he turns to look at her. A soft sniffle leaves him as tears pool in his eyes.

"Y/N, babe we can figure it out! Don't you want that? We love each other too much to just let-" He frantically sits down, grabbing her hands with his now shaky ones. The room tense as he sniffles and she looks up at him with glossy eyes.

Know doubt, time's out

"We always say that, Nam but it never does anything. You leave physical bruises on those kids you bully but you leave me emotional bruises."

"Ill stop! I-I, this is the last time."

"This is the third second chance Gwi-Nam, third. This has to be the last time I take you back. Let it be the last. You break your promises again and I'm done. You keep telling me you'll stop the bullying, you'll stop hanging out with them but you never do! It hurts seeing those kids like that. What if someone did that to me?! Huh?" she raises her voice at the end and her voice cracks.

Tears escape his eyes as he listens to her. He didn't realize the vicious cycle they ended up in. Didn't realize how bad he'd gotten since hanging out with Hyeon-Ju and the others. A kid ended up in hospital for goodness sake! The thought of that being Y/N broke him and sobs raked through his body as he hugged her murmuring 'I'm sorry' s into her hair as he cried. The couple sat on the couch crying together over their relationship.

One minute I'm leaving you,
the next I forgive you.

They'd done this four times now. Every time she ended things, he'd convince her that he'll change somehow. And she believed him. She loved him and he loved her. They didn't know how healthy this was but they were stuck in the vicious cycle and couldn't let go.

He laced his hands with hers, kissing her palms. He looked passionately into Y/N eyes as he spoke,

"I don't want to promise this and break it, so we'll pinky swear." He lets go of one of her hands and holds out his pinky in front of her. She gazed down at his finger with a soft smile. He carries on looking at her, waiting. Slowly, Y/N tightly grasps his pinky with her own and looks into his intense yet gentle eyes.

"I, Yoon Gwi-Nam, pinky swear that we'll get out of this cycle. I don't want to hurt you anymore, love. I won't because knowing I hurt you is like hurting myself. I'll let them go and be better, for us."

Y/N shakes her head softly, "No... You need to do it for you. Better yourself for you and it'll change so much for us both. If you do it for us, you won't like me much if you lose everything and we don't work out in the end."

"I plan on forever with you, Y/N. You're it for me."

The pair smile at each other before connecting their lips as they held pinkies to seal the deal.

please, please..
let this be the last...