yoon gwi-nam

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

yoon gwi-nam x fem! reader

warnings(?) :

kinda angsty
kinda fluff
kinda all over the place

enjoy!
└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

One day, the two of you were paired up for a science project. Mr Lee hoped to bring up Gwi-nam's grade and do a little experiment of his own. Would a top student be able to change one of the worst bullies in Hyosan High? For the sake of his son, he hoped this works out for the best. If not, he just ruined a girl's life.

Over the weeks, through a lot of frustration, you started to make progress. Gwi-nam attempted to pick on you any chance he got. But you didn't budge, never allowing him to provoke you nor get on your nerves. So he slowly gave up on pestering you to the point of quitting. His attraction to you was the only reason he bothered to show up.

At first, he thought you would be easy. He could have a new little achievement – imagine scoring the class president? The group would go wild. But as time goes on, his lust became genuine infatuation. The more time he spent with you, the more he showed his true personality. Not the mask he put up for the sake of the bullies.

Even with the development in your friendship, you kept your distance with him. When he tried to greet you in the hallway or at the end of the day, you would avoid eye contact and sped up.

Before the project was over, he asked you to his house. It surprisingly took him a few days to gain the courage to actually ask you out. You thought it was cute how nervous he was, stumbling over his words as he asked you to watch movie with him. In your mind, you thought he was attempting to grow a friendship. And only at the end of the date did you realise, it was indeed a date.

You took a step back and awkwardly held a hand out in front of you, "Gwi-nam... I'm sorry but I thought this was just... Us hanging out, you know, as friends."

He drops his hand and purses his lips. For a moment he stays quiet, his eyes glued to the steps. "Right. Friends. Um, I'm sorry for trying to kiss you. I'll see you at school."

And with that, he left. You stayed there for a minute, trying to understand what just happened. How you missed the tone. When he tried to hold your hand, looked at you longer than usual, glared at any guy that looked at you.

"Shit."

You closed your eyes and placed a hand over your face. Sighing at all of the signs you missed tonight. You went inside and decide to sleep it off. You had another meet up with him for the project scheduled the next day anyway.

But he didn't show up. Nor did he answer your calls. So you showed up to his house, knocking incessantly until his mom opened the door with a scowl. You immediately started to bow a bunch of times as you apologized.

"I'm so sorry Mrs Yoon. I've been trying to reach Gwinam and I got worried." The older woman's face softened as she looked at you still bowing. Her eyes scanned over you, as she noticed you seemed out of breath with papers  in a binder and books tucked under your arm.

"It's fine, Y/N. Come in, I'll make some tea. He's at the gym right now so you can wait inside." You smiled at his mother and tried to hide your anger at the fact that he went to the gym and ignored your calls. You took off your shoes and went to the living room.