jang wu-jin²

yes, again. i love him, sue me.

warning:
super short and cute :)

✨✨✨

You stop fighting the zombies, seeing all of them fully dead. As you look around to see if anyone else needs help, Wu-jin on top of his sister catches your eye. Rushing over to see Ha-ri crying brought tears to your eyes, believing the worst. You pull your best friend off his sister and see his eyes clenched shut as he lays there. Scanning him for a bite mark, you see nothing except for a slight dent in his shoulder pads. Letting out a sigh of relief, you call the boy.

"Wu-jin. Wu-jin. Hey, Wu-jin!"

He ignores you as he looks at his sister, laying on his back giving a long and heartfelt goodbye. "I know you didn't make it and that's why you came back to school. But don't give up. Keep doing archery, noona."

Everyone had tears in their eyes at your best friend's goodbye speech. You throw your hands up as they all ignore you.

You grab his face and force him to look at you before slapping him hard in the face, "You dumbass, you didn't get bitten!"

He sits up immediately, eyes wide and a hand shooting up to his bright red cheek. He scans himself and feels for a bite but finds nothing. He turns to you and his older sister with a sheepish smile. Ha-Ri purses her lips staring at her brother. You blink at him,

"You're so dramatic. Who throws themself instead of pushing away the zombie? You idiot." Hitting him one more time as he whines before you hug him tightly.

"Are you- are you serious? Aish, you little-" His sister angrily brushes the tears away and hits him with the nearest object, a plastic tray. He scrambles up, tripping on his own feet as he tries to shield himself from Ha-Ri's attack.

The surviving students laugh at the sibling duo, glad that they didn't lose anyone again. Mi-Jin sits on the ground leaning back on her hands, dying of laughter as the pair continues to run in circles. The air felt lighter at this moment. Shoulders relaxed for a moment as they killed all of the zombies and had a minute of normal. Zombies may be the new normal but the nostalgia of their old life was comforting, they weren't fighting for their lives but fighting smiles and laughs. Hope and joy seemed realistic again.

Let's go home, for Joon-yeong. For Cheong-san. For Gyeong-su. For Min-Ji. For I-Sak.